* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Story Contest XXX Rules

Started by Duce, April 07, 2015, 08:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duce

Theme: In It to Win It

Deadline: May 1st.

How to enter: Just submit you story under the "Story Contest XXX" AND in any other categories it belongs in.

Quote from: BlueSniper on January 10, 2015, 12:03:32 PM
Theme: In It to Win It

Description: This theme centers around some form of competition. Could be a situation where two people are trying to hold it for longer than the other, could be a situation where one is trying to outdo the other in size, smelliness, etc. Or, it could even be competition not directly related, such as athletes trying to get first prize while battling desperation/constipation/the stench of their opponent's noxious farts. Either way, someone has to be trying to best someone or something, even their own previous personal best.

Duce

anyone planing on entering this?

Ero Merchant

I got a little something in the works I should finish up this weekend, had a hectic week. In the meantime, I'll post a idea for next contest's theme to try to get that moving.

Jimmy Olsen

I'd really like to do this, but the story I have in mind is going to take some time to write, and I have lots of stuff in the real world I need to take care of now.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

BlueSniper

Same deal as Jimmy, although I don't reeeeally have any urgent stuff going on IRL. Working now~

Jimmy Olsen

Still no entries?  Maybe I should throw something together.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

Ero Merchant

Though massively late, mine is up finally.

BlueSniper

The reason why mine is so late is because I'm still getting to the part of the story that involves the actual challenge, the competitive element. On the bright side, if I actually get the third chapter done we'll have another Tekken fanfic on here  =D =D =D

BlueSniper

And then after all that I ended up posting the first chapter anyway. I'll have the second up either tonight or tomorrow, and the third (that actually qualifies the entry for the contest) up tomorrow or the next day.

Toasty

BlueSniper, please. You can't just throw down a ridiculously hype first chapter like that and then not post the rest of it.

You're killing me, here ;_;

BlueSniper

Quote from: Toasty on July 10, 2015, 07:27:04 PM
BlueSniper, please. You can't just throw down a ridiculously hype first chapter like that and then not post the rest of it.

You're killing me, here ;_;
Can I just say I really appreciate how supportive you've been over the years? One of these days I'm going to have to write in a Toasty character as a little Easter Egg.

Chapter 2's up. I hope to have Chapter 3 up tonight, but this week has been weird for me computer-wise, and home-wise, and I can't exactly work on this at an Internet cafe.  :P

BlueSniper

And ironically, I have updated QotIS from an internet cafe. Chapter 3 is up. Since technically this fulfills the stated goal of the contest in involving the actual fighting tournament, I think that'll end my submission, even though the story itself hasn't ended. I'll finish the story, but for the purposes of the contest, I'll allow my story to be judged on the basis of the first 3 chapters. There is more adventure to come though, so stay tuned.