Nyou Fiction

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

A hearty break

Started by yarr, June 12, 2009, 07:19:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yarr

I'm going to take a long break from writing mainly from lack of time due to increasingly more to do away from the computer, but also something a little annoying; ranting requesters.

I've had a couple of those by now, none from this site fortunately and although they're just small drops in the bucket, it gets full eventually.

If its a trade or a commission, yes you can pester me for the time and quality of my work, but when I agree to do something for free, without giving a time estimate because I'm to busy to hold any, poking at me for taking too long (HOW CAN I TAKE TOO LONG WHEN THERE'S NO TIME SET TO BEGIN WITH?  ???) and moaning is not a wise thing to do. Don't bite the hand that feeds you etc etc.

So, I'm sorry for those waiting for a closure to my current loose threads like the Azumanga and Naruto tales, but they will not be finished any time soon. The fire has died out. I guess I could put them in the interactive section and others could finish them if they wanted.

And keep in mind I have none, zero whatsoever obligations to finish anything for anyone unless its a pending part of a trade or comission. Moaning over free meals disgust me.

I don't intend the break to be permanent as of now, but it will be a long one. I do however intend to stay around and read new stuff on this excellent site though.

I will also finish up and post the prizes for the story contest we had recently, including the prize story (if the participants actually posted their requests  :o).

Bai.

slippy

As a defense, I have never "pestered" yarr; I have not spoken to him since March. In fact he originally agreed to do a story for free back in November of last year and I never sent an email asking about it until a few days ago for reasons that will be explained in a moment. A number of exclusive illustrations were shared under the expectations that there was some kind of mutual exchange of exclusive material here. Yarr said several times (unprovoked beyond a "get a chance to tinker with the story yet?" question) that it was "next in line". However, yarr blocked my AIM address with no explanation, created several stories about how X was lost or "I had a hard drive crash" to the rather odd "I thought I did it, guess I didn't!" Especially considering it was stated to be "next in line" several stories ago, it really seems like the effort was simply to wait around until I had given up or forgotten (which I actually had some time ago, but am still annoyed because I shared some stuff)

Perhaps the two of us are interpreting the situation different ways (he seems to feel it was totally free, whereas I feel I exchanged a number of images for it) but if a post was necessary, a response is probably called for as well.

FallenStar

How sad. =/

Why does there have to be problems between people over what should be a nice and happy agreement? I can only say that I have no answers for either of you - good lord knows that after all I've been through lately, I'm in no position to offer advice.  I've had problems with two people in a desperate attempt to meld two different philosophies and neither one has worked out.

I guess I can only say that you shouldn't let one person, or even a bunch of people sap the fire from your bones and your soul... People simply aren't worth losing your passion over. 

Nobody betta lay a finger on mah girl, Hotaru, or else!  xD

Jimmy Olsen

I'm sorry to see you go. :( Hopefully by the time you return I will have finished and posted that Love Hina story you were interested in.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

OrpheumZero

Don't take too long, Sakura will get mighty achy if she holds it in too long after I put out the next part *should be able to whip something up in a few weeks once I can get my lazy ass in gear :P). Even if you do stay away from here and other sites, don't completely let up on stories, if you get an idea, write it down. Coming back into the spotlight with a new story is always a fun thing to do.
"Legends are much like tapestries; they erode and fade until truth and lies become indistinguishible." - Original quote.

What's to come:
~ One Piece adventure ("In planning")
~ Inuyasha story
~ Story with girl having to sit between boy's legs on toilet

FallenStar

Quote from: OrpheumZero on June 13, 2009, 12:33:42 AM
Don't take too long, Sakura will get mighty achy if she holds it in too long after I put out the next part *should be able to whip something up in a few weeks once I can get my lazy ass in gear :P). Even if you do stay away from here and other sites, don't completely let up on stories, if you get an idea, write it down. Coming back into the spotlight with a new story is always a fun thing to do.

I wasn't aware your ass was lazy. I thought your ass was still crying over... well... real world concerns.  o.O

Then again, you're a poop writer from what I can tell and I don't read much fanfics here anyway, so.... it's not like I'm waiting on you to write something, :P

Nobody betta lay a finger on mah girl, Hotaru, or else!  xD

Jimmy Olsen

Yay, more Sakura!  ;D

Are you using my bedpan idea?  ???
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

yarr

I did'nt block anyones aim. I quit using aim altogether.

I did indeed have a disk crash, it was ten times as annoying for me as "loosing" a story was for you. I lost a lot of stuff I did not have backed up. I'm not gonna share what you sent to me as I promised I would not. Most is gone now anyway. And most of what I in this case sent you is not exactly picked up from 4chan either.

You are still crying over spilled FREE milk. As I said, I have no obligations to anyone whatsoever to finish anything unless its been a art trade or something I got paid for. This is a obscure hobby, nothing else. You're the third person in a month to ask why the request is taking so long in a not very nice tone. I write slow, live with it. Now I do not intend to write at all, something like this is not worth spending any time or energy over, I'm dropping this potato and moving on, just accept it with a shrug and do the same.

I'm not mad or upset, just completely uninterested anymore.

JManime

That's a shame... I wish everyone was as uninterested in your work as you are, but unfortunately your one of the most anticipated writers here.

But even if you never write again  :'(  I'm glad that you took time to write here in the first place and give us some famous works... So enjoy your time off and I really hope your interest sparks back up one day

N

Quote from: JManime on June 13, 2009, 02:31:41 PM
That's a shame... I wish everyone was as uninterested in your work as you are, but unfortunately your one of the most anticipated writers here.

But even if you never write again  :'(  I'm glad that you took time to write here in the first place and give us some famous works... So enjoy your time off and I really hope your interest sparks back up one day

I agree with this statement completely. As someone who is deep into another creative activity (music) which I make available for free, I know how you can feel overwhelmed, or uninspired, by some of the stuff people are asking you to do. I even know what it's like to be uninspired by what you yourself want to complete.

While I have never experienced a severe HD crash (I now use two and back my work up elsewhere so that it all remains), I can imagine that it must be very difficult.

In the case of uninspiration, then you gotta do what you gotta do. If nothing inspires you to write, stop writing for a while. Take a break... explore other sites, other types of content (if y'know what I mean), and even things completely unrelated to what you usually write. At some point, you'll sit down at a computer or at a desk, and an idea will just come pouring out (and making a puddle on the floor). It's happened to me, and the first thing I make after taking a break is usually better than what I made before it.

So, in other words, have a nice break, and experience some new stuff while you're on it :)