Nyou Fiction

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Story Contest IV Rules

Started by Duce, October 01, 2007, 01:56:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duce

Theme: Story of a bladder desperation problem ultimately solved by the powers (magical, telekinetic etc.) of the chosen character.

Deadline: November 1st.

How to Enter:  when you submit your story add it to the Story Contest IV category AND any other categories it belongs to.

Anime Lover

I don't quite understand the theme, could you explain it more
Total Projects: 463
Latest Project: The Benefits of Sisters
Current Project:   Show and Tell
Planned Projects: The Geelien's 12, 13

Anonymous_1

Quote from: Anime Lover on October 01, 2007, 02:48:07 AM
I don't quite understand the theme, could you explain it more
I'll explain it with a quick example:
A girl with telekinetic abilities is sitting at a meeting where she is forced to attend and cannot leave for ANY reason. She develops a strong urge to urinate, but obviously can't leave to use the toilet. What she can do is let it out and use her powers to guide the stream under the table to the nearest toilet, or out an open window, or whatever.
Does that help ya?

Anime Lover

FallenStar

Nurtz...  I don't have any characters like that...  =/

Guess I'll just go ahead and upload the hold it contest I'd already written...  =/

FallenStar

Nobody betta lay a finger on mah girl, Hotaru, or else!  xD

Poowrite

Interesting idea Aluru, you should enter it if you're not planning to already :P.

I could just revise Bend This! I think, but I'm gonna do an original story/characters. Should be pretty fun, I hope :).

If you own a PS3, download the demo. Give this game a shot. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

Anonymous_1

Quote from: Poowrite on October 01, 2007, 06:25:59 PM
Interesting idea Aluru, you should enter it if you're not planning to already :P.
I'm not going to enter this one. Not just because I'm not all that much into only peeing. I've been pretty busy with college and work lately.

Btw, anyone can use my example idea for their story if they want to. I don't mind.

Poowrite

School? Work?

Yeah, like those things are even important. ::)

I am, of course, kidding.

If you own a PS3, download the demo. Give this game a shot. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

Toasty

Hmmmm... I've never tried a peeing only fic, but I could do some interesting stuff with this "powers" theme. I might be up for it, if I can find or create a suitable character.

Jimmy Olsen

Aluru: I might end up sitting this one out, too.  I suggested this topic because I want to read stories about it, not because I have an idea for a story about it.  The ideas I've come up with so far are very contrived and not really worth exploring.  :(
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

Anime Lover

Ok, guys, I've submitted my entry for this contest and it's an Avatar fic! ^_^

check it out!

Jimmy Olsen

Cool.  I read it and mostly like it.  I posted a review.  Please don't kill me for my criticisms.

I finally have a good idea for this contest but I don't know when I'll write it.  I hope I can get it finished before the deadline.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

Poowrite

Haven't read it yet, AL. I'm home for lunch at the time of this writing so I won't get it read and reviewed until sometime tonight (probably after the game.) I'm looking forward to it, though, as I throughly enjoy anything set in the Avatar universe.

Quote from: Jimmy Olsen on October 15, 2007, 04:06:11 AM
Cool.  I read it and mostly like it.  I posted a review.  Please don't kill me for my criticisms.

I finally have a good idea for this contest but I don't know when I'll write it.  I hope I can get it finished before the deadline.
I've changed my idea like three times over the course of the month  :-\. I think I've finally decided on what I wanna do, and even started putting stuff on paper (not much, though.) I've been really bogged down at work this month and it doesn't look like it'll let up, but I really hope to have something by the end of the week.

If all else fails I'll do a quick revision of Bend This! and entry it, but that'd be a last resort only. Now doubly so since there's already an Avatar fic in this contest.

Anyway, here's hoping we get some more entries.

Jimmy Olsen

My entry has 3,900 words so far.  I should finish it tomorrow.

I look forward to reading your entry, Poowrite.  I'm also curious to hear your abandoned ideas.  I got pretty far with an idea before I realized it didn't follow the rules (which is ironic since I came up with the theme myself). :P

There was a raccoon or something outside my window just now.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

Poowrite

Racoons kick ass, don't let him make a mess of your garbage, though O.o

Not sure how many words my entry is ATM, it's on my laptop and I'm posting from my desktop  ::). But I think I can safely say it is not 3, 900 word. Possibly 1,000-1,200. I'd like to have it done Friday, do a little proofreading Saturday and have it up Saturday evening.

I've gone through two ideas, I'll try to throw 'em up here tonight.

What I'm working on now could possibly be against the rules. I don't think it is and I don't think anyone will disagree with me, so I'm gonna go ahead and finish it and hope that it falls within the guidelines :).