Nyou Fiction

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Story Contest VI Rules

Started by Duce, February 04, 2008, 11:33:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duce

so was anyone else planing on entering this?

if so I can leave it open a little longer, if not I might close it around the 5th.

OrpheumZero

From the look of things, my ass has been rightly kicked  :'(

Personally, I think it's just not really possible to mix the fetish with a genre as dark as horror. I mean, a fetish is meant for arousal and horror, well, is supposed to be scary. I mean, while I'd love to see Heather from Silent Hill 3 sit on the toilet and drop nice big pile, it'd hard to kept the tension and fear of a something attacking you that the SH series is known for.

But I will say that the other stories did a better job of capturing the scariness of things. At least it does kinda give a new thing to have for a contest than just fetish fics written for a special occasion. I might retry this again sometime, and see if I can do something a bit better than the Enema Ghost. Heck.... I've already got a basic idea for something using Silent Hill 3's Heather, though I might knick some of the plot from Micro's story.... *Looks around, thinking there was a sound from behind*
"Legends are much like tapestries; they erode and fade until truth and lies become indistinguishible." - Original quote.

What's to come:
~ One Piece adventure ("In planning")
~ Inuyasha story
~ Story with girl having to sit between boy's legs on toilet

Poowrite

Indeed, it was pretty tough to try to mix the two. One area, be it the fetish or the horror, had to suffer. I chose the fetish.

I also had to drop my original for similar reasons. It featured a young woman descending into madness due to preceived ghosts and ghouls and ended up with her killing her roommate. I opted against this one because I couldn't possibly fit the fetish in there, it seemed a little to hardcore and because I doubt my skills are quite at the level needed to capture someone's descent into madness :).

So, yeah, this was a pretty tough contest. Though I still believe the body swap one was the toughest  :P

If you own a PS3, download the demo. Give this game a shot. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

Jimmy Olsen

I was glad to finally be able to read this.  I'll write up a review when I'm not so busy.

I will say now that I was surprised by what the story was.  What happened to your story about the chick who didn't want to use her bathroom because a ghost was watching her?
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

Poowrite

Surprised good surprise or surprised bad surprise?

Quite frankly, the other one sucks. It was neither a good ghost story nor a good peeing story  :009:. It needed a lot of work, more work than starting from scratch. So that's what I did :).

Still, I hope you enjoyed it. Looking forward to your review.

If you own a PS3, download the demo. Give this game a shot. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

Micro

Quote from: OrpheumZero on March 03, 2008, 02:13:59 AM
But I will say that the other stories did a better job of capturing the scariness of things. At least it does kinda give a new thing to have for a contest than just fetish fics written for a special occasion. I might retry this again sometime, and see if I can do something a bit better than the Enema Ghost. Heck.... I've already got a basic idea for something using Silent Hill 3's Heather, though I might knick some of the plot from Micro's story.... *Looks around, thinking there was a sound from behind*

I'm totally ok with you borrowing from my story. I think there's a lot of room for improvement there, improvement I just don't have the spare time to make anymore.

I also found it difficult to combine horror (and in my story, a bit of action) with the fetish elements. I just tried to equate the vulnerability that provides the arousal in a lot of our stories with the vulnerability that creates fear in horror stories. I can see it being an even harder task to pull off in the Silent Hill universe, where the monsters are really disgusting.

OrpheumZero

Why'd it get so foggy all of a sudden?........ :o

Um...Micro, might want to start running, I think I hear a dragging/grinding sound..... WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP! *Runs away*
"Legends are much like tapestries; they erode and fade until truth and lies become indistinguishible." - Original quote.

What's to come:
~ One Piece adventure ("In planning")
~ Inuyasha story
~ Story with girl having to sit between boy's legs on toilet

Jimmy Olsen

Quote from: Poowrite on March 03, 2008, 11:36:40 PM
Surprised good surprise or surprised bad surprise?

Quite frankly, the other one sucks. It was neither a good ghost story nor a good peeing story  :009:. It needed a lot of work, more work than starting from scratch. So that's what I did :).

I had my heart set on the story of the pee-shy girl and the spectral voyeur. :kawaii: I thought that was what you were working on all this time.  When I started reading "The Masterson Mausoleum" I was hit with disappointment, since it was totally different from what I was looking forward to.

That being said, "The Masterson Mausoleum" isn't bad at all.  ;D
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

Poowrite

Quote from: Jimmy Olsen on March 06, 2008, 03:13:58 AM

I had my heart set on the story of the pee-shy girl and the spectral voyeur. :kawaii: I thought that was what you were working on all this time.  When I started reading "The Masterson Mausoleum" I was hit with disappointment, since it was totally different from what I was looking forward to.

You'll get over it  ;D

Honestly, I thought for what it was "The Masterson Mausoleum" was quite good. Despite disagreeing with some of your observations, I was kinda surprised at everything you pointed out. If I thought the shy-girl story was bad, I shudder to think how it would have been received here  :)

Jimmy Olsen

Don't read my review as saying I thought "Mausoleum" was a bad story, because I really don't.

So are you gonna try to tweak the pee-shy girl story and eventually post it, or is it abandoned for good?  What about that witch story you mentioned a while back?
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

Poowrite

Abandoned for good as of now. I suppose the real problem with it is that I don't know what I want it to be. With most of my stories, I know I want them to be bathroom stories. I want that the be the main focus and so that's what I write. With "The Masterson Mausoleum" I knew I wanted a scary story and so that's what I worked on building.

The shy-ghost story isn't either. It really isn't anything. I can't decide what I want to do with it, and I feel like I'm banging my head against the wall as I write it.

The only witch story I recall thinking about was one for the "potty problem solved via magic/special abilities" about a lil' kid witch and her friend trick-or-treating. If that's the one you're talking about, I really haven't done much with it :). It's hard to explain, but I when I started it, I felt like I was starting in the middle of a larger plot, but I didn't know anything about the larger plot. If ... that makes any sense  ???

Jimmy Olsen

I see.  Maybe someday you can send me what you have of the pee-shy/ghost story and I can see what I can do with it.  ;D

That's the witch story I meant all right.  Any chance of it being finished?  ???
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

Poowrite

I can cut what I've got of the shy-girl ghost story and PM it to you if you really want it. I'm just warning you, it's not complete and it's not edited so try not to be to disappointed.

Quote from: Jimmy Olsen on March 08, 2008, 02:24:01 AM
That's the witch story I meant all right.  Any chance of it being finished?  ???
Like I said, it felt like I was dropping in half-way through a larger story that needed told. I was only really introducing four characters and as I progressed through the plot and what I might put on paper in my mind, I realized much of it was backstory. All the characters had pre-existing relationships that had to be fleshed out in my mind and explained. I guess the scope of the story was to small for the universe that was forming around it. It felt like a waste to spend so much time on the characters and only use them once. Plus, that story felt like a bad place to introduce them. So I shelved it until I could come up with something better and, instead, found myself trying to piece together a different original universe in which "The Princess" will be set.

I haven't completely given up on the witch story. I gave some though to the world in general. I though maybe our little heroine could be a member of some secret society of speelcasters charged with protecting <shiny amulet> from <giant foozle>. Magic would affect casters in various ways, I'd use this as a device to make sure our heroine had to go potty plenty. That's about it, though.

So, in answer to your question, yes. There's a chance of it being finished. But not for a while.

Jimmy Olsen

Quote from: Poowrite on March 08, 2008, 11:34:49 PM
I can cut what I've got of the shy-girl ghost story and PM it to you if you really want it. I'm just warning you, it's not complete and it's not edited so try not to be to disappointed.

That would be great.  Would you mind if I finished it myself (or at least try to)?

The witch story sounds more interesting than ever...only what is a foozle?
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

Poowrite

Looks like there's a character limit on messages. I'll have to get it to you another way. Email it to you or something.

"Giant foozle" is a generic term I've heard used to describe the great evil being faced at the end of most RPGs. Basically, the final boss.