Nyou Fiction

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

rp?

Started by Duce, October 30, 2012, 04:39:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duce

so is anyone going to try to rp? I'm just wondering. I may end up taking this board out if there's no interest in it

Waru

Well, Duce... it's kinda hard to RP when nobody bothers to make premises, or discussions... even on regular RPG (D&D, Pathfinder, Shadowrun)...

I'm not entirely sure it should be taken down, but I'm just one voice...
I'm not bothering with fics, since one person clearly CAN'T make a difference, here.

TUSF

Well, I think it's a matter of community, given that I don't see this site to have many possible RPers... And those who ARE RPers don't seem to want to be the ones to start anything...

Waru

Well, you're not wrong, TUSF; So what do you suggest?
I'm not bothering with fics, since one person clearly CAN'T make a difference, here.

TUSF

I've seen something like this occur before. A forum that revolved around a fan-game attempted to implement an RP section. For them, it was pretty active for the first few months.. Until it just died.

My only solution would involve encouraging your more dedicated RPers to start a few Role-plays, and hope it catches on.
It's hard to have an RP section on a site that isn't RP oriented, when you have less than 20-50 people on at a time, unless you have enough dedicated Role-players...
I've done a few role-plays in my spare-time, and I can see why people would be dissuaded from RPing here xD

The easiest route would just be to leave the RP section for now, and opt to expand the community to include more writers willing to RP.

Waru

Hmmm... the last one doesn't seem bad... So I guess the best idea would be to promote more writers, and, when the time comes, someone can try and work in an rp from there.