Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Underappreciated Shows and Games

Started by Jimmy Olsen, August 20, 2010, 10:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OrpheumZero

Quote from: Jimmy Olsen on November 01, 2010, 11:16:15 PM
I'd never heard of this show.  What episode has the desperation?  Is it very good?
Quote from: Duce on November 01, 2010, 11:22:15 PM
I looked it up, but it seems theres only the manga of it. I think I may read it, when I get the chance.
'

It's only a manga series. There's two, Capsule and Secret (alternatively called Revolution). Capsule is about a boy who's childhood friend sudden developes multiple personalies (one sexy and seductive, another naive and overly curious, etc) and so he has to try and keep her in line when the other "girls" come out.

Secret, is just as I explained. Unfortunately, there's the only one peeing desperation late in the story. I believe the panel was posted on Nyou3 if I'm not mistaken. With the guy and the girl handcuffed and the girl needing to pee, and the guy offering her a bottle to piss in.

Overall, I actually liked the series. The only downside is that they have pretty dulll endings. Capsule decides to not have a big fight near the end, and Secret doesn't really have any true closure (even after one of the most dramatic scenes in the arc). Oh well, hopefully it might get popular enough to have anime, then maybe the endings could be handled better.

Unfortunately, the site I read it on, OneManga, has ceased offering all the series they had. And I haven't been able to find another link to the whole thing since.

I should also point out, don't get it mistaken for a similarly named series called "Gatcha Gacha".
"Legends are much like tapestries; they erode and fade until truth and lies become indistinguishible." - Original quote.

What's to come:
~ One Piece adventure ("In planning")
~ Inuyasha story
~ Story with girl having to sit between boy's legs on toilet

Jimmy Olsen

I've been researching the shows that have been mentioned here, and some of them look really good!  My "short-term" animé viewing list now encompasses 91 titles.  :(
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

andreww9933

How about Gundam Wing? I'm sure being a princess and 'Queen Of The World' left Relena in some pretty tight spots with all the meetings and speeches she had to do. And I'kk probably think of some more. And I agree with packrat, a desperation/wetting fic for Leena would be AWESOME!

SakuraLover25

I know! I loved Gundam Wing, it was my first and still my favorite anime and I don't understand why nobody talks about. I loved Incognito Himitsu's story http://www.angelfire.com/anime2/omutsu/syt.html but it was never continued. I'm thinking about doing one story about it if there's no demand for a sequel to my latest so I'd love to see people work on a story for it.

P.S. Why doesn't anyone appreciate the Jak series?

Jimmy Olsen

I remember when Gundam Wing was a huge deal on the anime boards.  I wonder why its popularity fell so far.  ???
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

OrpheumZero

Quote from: Jimmy Olsen on January 04, 2011, 11:46:47 PM
I remember when Gundam Wing was a huge deal on the anime boards.  I wonder why its popularity fell so far.  ???

Probably because much of the fanbase is split on which Gundam series is the "best". Seriously, you can hardly mention G Gundam without a shitstorm of "durrr, it's not even Gundam, huurrrrr". Although most will agree that Seed (and Seed Destiny) are pretty much crap since the characters are dull expies of earlier ones from previous series and the plot has some sizable holes. Never saw much of 00 Gundam, though from a glance it didn't seem to match Wing's quality of story and drama.

Hmm, one of these days I'd like to see Wing again in full, since I have had thoughts of doing a story with Relena, but would rather have a fresh idea of her personality so I'm not half-assing it. And trust me, since we most deal in pooping asses, they can't be halved.  ;D
"Legends are much like tapestries; they erode and fade until truth and lies become indistinguishible." - Original quote.

What's to come:
~ Inuyasha story

Jimmy Olsen

Quote from: OrpheumZero on January 06, 2011, 03:44:09 AM
Although most will agree that Seed (and Seed Destiny) are pretty much crap since the characters are dull expies of earlier ones from previous series and the plot has some sizable holes.

Really?  I haven't seen Gundam Seed yet, but more than one person has told me it's the best Gundam ever.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

OrpheumZero

Quote from: Jimmy Olsen on January 06, 2011, 10:10:09 PM

Really?  I haven't seen Gundam Seed yet, but more than one person has told me it's the best Gundam ever.

Then they must have been seriously trolling you.  :P

I wouldn't say it's as terrible as most fans would, but trust me that it pales compared most of the earlier series.

What's to come:
~ Inuyasha story

Jimmy Olsen

Who are these fans who say it's terrible?  The Anime News Network gives it an A.  Akemi and T.H.E.M. both give it 4 out of 5.  The submitted reviews on Anime-Source and Anime-Planet are generally positive with no reviews under 60%, and the former has several reviewers calling it the best Gundam ever.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

OrpheumZero

Then they must be pretty confused. Seed isn't terrible, but it's hardly the best Gundam series ever.

What's to come:
~ Inuyasha story

andreww9933

QuoteSeriously, you can hardly mention G Gundam without a shitstorm of "durrr, it's not even Gundam, huurrrrr"

LMAO Orpheum, though you are correct. But if it's not gundam, then what is it? And to Jimmy, the original gundam CRUSHES seed under its shiny metal, titanium alloy coated foot.

Micro

Neither of my favorite '80s anime series, Project A-ko and Bubblegum Crisis, are represented on the site yet. I can understand A-ko, because I doubt many people who got into anime post-Sailor Moon have seen it (a real shame--it's hilarious and looked amazing in its day), but I thought Bubblegum Crisis was still pretty highly respected. Still, both series have lots of potential, given their large female casts.

Jimmy Olsen

I couldn't really get into Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040.  Not bad, just not particularly good, and not worth finishing in my opinion.  I loved the music though, and have both volumes of the O.S.T.

Project A-ko is just one movie, right?
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

OrpheumZero

Quote from: andreww9933 on January 12, 2011, 03:07:48 AM
QuoteSeriously, you can hardly mention G Gundam without a shitstorm of "durrr, it's not even Gundam, huurrrrr"

LMAO Orpheum, though you are correct. But if it's not gundam, then what is it? And to Jimmy, the original gundam CRUSHES seed under its shiny metal, titanium alloy coated foot.

Not sure what you mean about G Gundam. Far as I'm concerned, I liked it. Sure, it was different, but that's what was nice about it. I mean, before that, you had like 7 or so other Gundam series (most of which were all the first universe) and stuck to the same basic formula. G Fighter was a nice deviation that tried to change things up a bit (much like Digimon Frontier would later do). Also, Rain was hot!

Anyway, I only saw bits and pieces of Bubblegum Crisis when the Starz acion channel aired it. But because that thing was so fucking infrequent, I wouldn't be able to tell if I was watching the original or not. Of course, that channel also had Vandread, which could be a goldmine of fics as well (as it's like Tenchi, in space, errr before Tenchi GXP... it's got a ton of girls and only 3 guys, ok?!  :P) and there was Blue Seed, which had the main female character getting her panties exposed EVERY SINGLE episode. Though speaking of Vandread, that series actually still left on a bit of a cliffhanger. I mean, they never really sorted the whole conflict with the body harvesters from earth and what not...

What's to come:
~ Inuyasha story

Micro

QuoteI couldn't really get into Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040.

I watched about one episode of 2040, and had the same reaction. I like the original show for the way it shamelessly rips off Blade Runner, but still kind of feels unique. 2040 just felt like generic sci-fi anime.

QuoteProject A-ko is just one movie, right?

There two sequels to the original movie, but I don't know if they got theatrical releases or not. Then there were two OVAs that did a weird alternate universe thing and kind of suggested that there are infinite versions of the main characters. As far as I know, only the first movie was released on DVD here, but all of it came out on VHS.