Duce

ok poll is up.

Jimmy Olsen

Get out the vote, people!  We need change!  Maverick change!  ;D
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

Jimmy Olsen

Only 2 days left, and only 6 votes.  I don't get it.  Usually we get 8-10 votes, in fact the only time there was less than 8 was the time there were only 2 stories and neither contestant voted.  ???
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

OrpheumZero

This is why I think Duce ought to inforce a strict punishment for members of the site who don't contribute stories or post anything useful in general. If they don't give reviews and at least participate in the voting, then they get banned for a short time. I know it sounds like extortion, but if it means kicking starting better community then so be it.
"Legends are much like tapestries; they erode and fade until truth and lies become indistinguishible." - Original quote.

What's to come:
~ One Piece adventure ("In planning")
~ Inuyasha story
~ Story with girl having to sit between boy's legs on toilet

Anime Lover

Quote from: OrpheumZero on November 14, 2008, 09:22:52 PM
This is why I think Duce ought to inforce a strict punishment for members of the site who don't contribute stories or post anything useful in general. If they don't give reviews and at least participate in the voting, then they get banned for a short time. I know it sounds like extortion, but if it means kicking starting better community then so be it.

I'm for that idea, if you don't contribute in some way, you get the boot
Total Projects: 463
Latest Project: The Benefits of Sisters
Current Project:   Show and Tell
Planned Projects: The Geelien's 12, 13

FallenStar

Damn, you guys suck. :P

If you followed that rule, you'd have to ban me too, even though I'm responsible for the hosting here.  xP

Nobody betta lay a finger on mah girl, Hotaru, or else!  xD

Anime Lover

Quote from: FallenStar on November 14, 2008, 11:12:40 PM

If you followed that rule, you'd have to ban me too, even though I'm responsible for the hosting here.  xP

well you're an admin, you just have to dish out the authority
Total Projects: 463
Latest Project: The Benefits of Sisters
Current Project:   Show and Tell
Planned Projects: The Geelien's 12, 13

OrpheumZero

You still have purpose here, being the admin and occasionally posting a story. That's good enough. I just mean the folks who sign up just to read our stories and don't even do anything from reviewing or making suggestions. From the several hundred members who've signed up and never written a story, I think only like 2 have done somehting like making suggestions. Sure, I'm one to talk since I always ask for help with finding movies on certain sites, but I at least try to compensate with pictures and good links.
It's just a shame that there's so many people here and only like 20 or so of us actually make stories. Pretty much feels like people are leeching off us.
"Legends are much like tapestries; they erode and fade until truth and lies become indistinguishible." - Original quote.

What's to come:
~ Inuyasha story

FallenStar

I always tell Duce he should enforce the same kind of policy here that I do at AnimeGirlDesp.com - that leechers ought to be banned after a while in an effort to encourage posting, but well, Duce is too nice at heart.   :P

By the way, just out of curiosity, since all my stories are generally very much alike, does anyone still want to read anything I write? I deleted the old ones 'cause I figured everyone'd read them about a million times by now and I hadn't written any new one in a while.  =/

Also, AnimeLover need not reply to that - you've already given me your input on that one.  :P

solomance

I never got the idea of why people would want to remove their creations. Then again, I'm not really in your shoes FS, so perhaps I shouldn't get too deep into detail.

Might as well just keep what you make. That's just to make sure it doesn't get lost, like a bunch of stories on the old AnonIB and fiction sites.

OrpheumZero

Quote from: FallenStar on November 15, 2008, 07:04:19 PM
I always tell Duce he should enforce the same kind of policy here that I do at AnimeGirlDesp.com - that leechers ought to be banned after a while in an effort to encourage posting, but well, Duce is too nice at heart.   :P

By the way, just out of curiosity, since all my stories are generally very much alike, does anyone still want to read anything I write? I deleted the old ones 'cause I figured everyone'd read them about a million times by now and I hadn't written any new one in a while.  =/

Also, AnimeLover need not reply to that - you've already given me your input on that one.  :P

Don't take them away, they're good. Sure, maybe the majority of us like poop-centric stories, but that's not to say a good number of us enjoy a pee only romp.

On the posting thing, maybe I might start flexing my admin muscle a bit more and start banning the idiots who aren't doing a thing except expanding the membership count.

What's to come:
~ Inuyasha story

FallenStar

I tried to ban a spambot the other day, but even though I'm an admin, I don't seem to have that power.  :s

Duce may be the only one who can ban people.   ???

Edit:  By the way, I already deleted them when I suicided my account in one of my "emo" moments.  I might repost them later - with upgrades - but for now, I have no real desire to post them. 

Jimmy Olsen

He said "contribute in some way," not "post fics."  Hosting is definitely contributing in some way.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

Jimmy Olsen

Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

OrpheumZero

Thanks. Sometimes I wonder if I'm jinxed, execpt that it makes me win a lot instead of inhibiting me. Perhaps I should start sitting on the contest just to give every one else a chance.  :P

What's to come:
~ Inuyasha story