* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Story Contest XII Rules

Started by Duce, November 01, 2008, 11:58:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duce

Theme: Halloween

Deadline: December 1st

How to Enter:  when you submit your story add it to the "Story Contest XII" category AND any other categories it belongs to.

Quote from: OrpheumZero on September 01, 2008, 10:07:15 PM

Description: Basically the overall theme needs to have some relation to Alls Hallow Eve (<--- I don't know how it's pronounced exactly, bite me  >:( :P ). So the story can either be set during that one great night (or it's prank filled eve) or it can be a horror themed affair (much like the ghost story contest). Original series or existing is allowed, also it doesn't have to necessarily be pooping/peeing. It could invovle something like egg laying, monster rape, generic horror story, etc.

FallenStar

Damn... I should type up what I've got of my pseudo Ashely/Leon story.  (Although it's more original, since I've never played Resident Evil, I used their likenesses...   :)   )

Nobody betta lay a finger on mah girl, Hotaru, or else!  xD

Jimmy Olsen

We're pretty far along in the month and there are no entries.  Is anyone else worried?
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

OrpheumZero

Don't really need to worry about me, even though I haven't started mine yet. But when I get set on doing an entry, I pretty much burn oil into the night until it's finished.
"Legends are much like tapestries; they erode and fade until truth and lies become indistinguishible." - Original quote.

What's to come:
~ One Piece adventure ("In planning")
~ Inuyasha story
~ Story with girl having to sit between boy's legs on toilet

Poowrite

Quote from: Jimmy Olsen on November 17, 2008, 06:26:19 PM
We're pretty far along in the month and there are no entries.  Is anyone else worried?

Maybe. I recently re-visited "The Masterson Mausoleum" for personal reasons, helpped run a haunted house for the last three days of October not to mention watched monster movies for a month straight. I'm still a bit "horrored out." (HA!)

I might get something, there's still time. But I'm not commiting to anything :P.

If you own a PS3, download the demo. Give this game a shot. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

Poowrite

Quote from: Duce on November 01, 2008, 11:58:40 PM

Deadline: December 1st

How to Enter:  when you submit your story add it to the "Story Contest XII" category AND any other categories it belongs to.

Quote from: OrpheumZero on September 01, 2008, 10:07:15 PM

Description: Basically the overall theme needs to have some relation to Alls Hallow Eve (<--- I don't know how it's pronounced exactly, bite me  >:( :P ). So the story can either be set during that one great night (or it's prank filled eve) or it can be a horror themed affair (much like the ghost story contest). Original series or existing is allowed, also it doesn't have to necessarily be pooping/peeing. It could invovle something like egg laying, monster rape, generic horror story, etc.

So ... the only requirement to enter this contest is a story set on Halloween? October 31st? Even if it has nothing to do with trick-or-treating or anthing like that? Just ... set on the last day of October?

If you own a PS3, download the demo. Give this game a shot. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

OrpheumZero

Quote from: Poowrite on November 20, 2008, 01:08:37 PM
So ... the only requirement to enter this contest is a story set on Halloween? October 31st? Even if it has nothing to do with trick-or-treating or anthing like that? Just ... set on the last day of October?

The story really just has to a relatable theme that would fit for Halloween. It doesn't have to be set on the holiday or mischief night. I just thought it'd be fun to have a Halloween themed bit since it'd be kinda fun to do some contest that happen during the biggest holidays (like another contest could be set for Christmas, etc).
"Legends are much like tapestries; they erode and fade until truth and lies become indistinguishible." - Original quote.

What's to come:
~ One Piece adventure ("In planning")
~ Inuyasha story
~ Story with girl having to sit between boy's legs on toilet

Jimmy Olsen

I've decided to postpone the story I was going to enter until a time when I have fewer important affairs in the real world, but I may still write a short entry.

Edit: I just wrote that short story on a whim.  It ended up taking me from about 3:00 to 6:20 A.M., but in the middle I took the dog out for a little bit so I wasn't writing for the whole time.  Did I have a point?  Oh, right.  I wasted about 3 hours writing this story when I could have been doing something productive and/or going to bed at a reasonable hour, so I hope somebody likes it.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

solomance

I just put my entry for this contest up. I do think that I didn't add enough of the Halloween-esque themes in it, but I did try to take this contest from another approach.