* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Story Contest XV Rules

Started by Duce, July 05, 2009, 03:39:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duce

THEME (A): What happened during...?

Deadline: August 1st Closed

How to enter: Just submit you story under the "Story Contest XV (A)" category AND any other categories it belongs in.

Quote from: OrpheumZero on May 31, 2009, 12:52:43 AM
THEME: What happened during...?
Description: Basically a sort of "deleted scene", "meanwhile, etc. that takes place in a story when a female character was absent.

THEME (B):

Deadline: August 1st Still Open

How to enter: Just submit you story under the "Story Contest XV (B)" category AND any other categories it belongs in.

Quote from: N on May 28, 2009, 09:21:57 PM
-- Style: General Medieval Fantasy (IE Castles, Sorcery, Lords and Ladies, etc.)
-- Challenge: Character must use something other than a modern toilet during the story, for pee or for poop.

OrpheumZero

Metal Gear Solid mission:

In planning stage....

!
"Legends are much like tapestries; they erode and fade until truth and lies become indistinguishible." - Original quote.

What's to come:
~ One Piece adventure ("In planning")
~ Inuyasha story
~ Story with girl having to sit between boy's legs on toilet

Jimmy Olsen

My entry in Contest B is up now.  My entry for Contest A will have to wait until I deal with some real-world issues.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

Poowrite

Could someone expain the dual theme to me? Are we running two contests at the same time? Or just doubling up on the theme in an attempt to entice more people to participate?

If you own a PS3, download the demo. Give this game a shot. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

Jimmy Olsen

I'm pretty sure there are 2 separate contests that will have 2 separate polls to decide 2 separate winners.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

OrpheumZero

Pretty much yes, Contest XV A will be the "What Happened during..." theme while Contest XV B will be the Medival theme. For one, this will allow us to blow through some themes quicker and thus cut down the 'let's this one for once' *Still waiting on that "Winning story sequel" theme :(*.

I figure that if one wishes, they can enter a story for both parts, meaning a person could do a sweep on the contest if they won for both. Although that'll probably not happen anytime soon. Of course that might not be allowed at all.

Anyway, still doing the brainstorming, but my MGS story should be ready before the deadline. I'm thinking a multi-part that can also involve the Sniper Wolf idea. Anyone got a clever title I could use? I'm kinda scrapping thin here: "Metal Gear Solid: The Lost files" *Kinda cliche*
"Legends are much like tapestries; they erode and fade until truth and lies become indistinguishible." - Original quote.

What's to come:
~ Inuyasha story

Jimmy Olsen

I'm hoping we can enter both, because this will force me to finally write a complete Sailor Moon fic.  I feel bad for not completing the last one, especially after Yarr asked me to do so, but I've just gotten out of that series.  However this theme allows me to write a fic that only requires knowledge of 1 episode, rather than the whole mythos of the series.

And ideas for a title would depend on what happens in the story.  Maybe you can give us a preview/synopsis and we can give you suggestions?
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

OrpheumZero

Nothing to really mention, since I basically planned to write it as a bunch of "What if this happened during?..." certain scenes in MGS1. The first would likely be when Meryl is listening to Snake speak with the DARPA chief (Sigint) and decides to 'launch some nukes' as she eavedrops. A follow-up *though not quite a sequel* would be a "What if?" involving Snake catching Meryl on the toilet after she runs into the bathroom. Meanwhile, I figured the other chapters would revolve around Sniper Wolf, one possibly having her shit herself waiting for Snake to return with the Sniper riffle to fight her; and another possibly covering her 'past jobs' and how she delt with needing to go while on a mission.

But I just can't really think of a clever title, since I wanted something that wasn't too generic or jokey.

What's to come:
~ Inuyasha story

Jimmy Olsen

"Private Missions" perhaps?  "Stealth Relief?"  Those are the only ones I can think of.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

kimiko

I wish I had any ideas that worked with these contests.  Unfortunately, I haven't kept up with enough anime to write a decent "What happened when..." story, and I don't have enough an interest in medieval times (and more importantly, clothing styles) to generate something for that. :(

In case there's someone willing to help with suggestions on "What happened when...", here's the series I feel I know well enough to write about, in no particular order:

Pani Poni Dash
Strawberry Marshmallow
Azumanga Daioh (not really comfortable about writing my "sort" of story for this, but...)
Xenogears
Xenosaga I and II
Final Fantasy VII

Maybe a few others I haven't thought of.  (I definitely do not know enough about Sailor Moon, Bleach, Naruto, Inuyasha, etc. to write for those...)

Jimmy Olsen

I didn't watch much of Azumanga Daioh, but I remember that one of the characters was always challenging people to stupid competitions.  Why not work a peeing/pooping/holding competition into one of the existing episode plots?

I've never played "Final Fantasy VII," but it has battles involving female warriors, right?  You can just describe the climax of one of them, then cover the unseen aftermath where it comes to light that a female character wet or messed herself during the battle.  That would work, right?

The only scene I've seen from Strawberry Marshmallow showed a girl who was procrastinating about going to the bathroom because she didn't want to leave her air-conditioned bedroom.  Could that be the starting-point of a fic?

If you're into Love Hina or Kurumi I could help you better, but whatever the case I hope you enter this contest.  I'm worried there will be few entries by the deadline (and yes, people, I am still going to enter).
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

Duce

I like Strawberry Marshmallow, the girls are just cute. though I don't think I ever finished watching that series.

it'd be cool to see a story for that show.

Jimmy Olsen

My XVA story might not be ready before the deadline, but it is well underway. 

Here are my excuses: I've gotten sidetracked and am now simultaneously writing 2 stories in the same file, so the "what happened during Sailor Moon episode #108" story is only getting half the attention.  I'm also entering an art contest that has the same deadline, and a girl wanted me to help her with her anatomy (long story), so those are taking time away from my Story Contest entry too.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

Toasty

Quote from: Jimmy Olsen on July 31, 2009, 12:01:33 AMand a girl wanted me to help her with her anatomy (long story),

Huh, is that what they're calling it now?

Hahaha, just kidding.  :P

I wish you good writing in spite of all those other things competing for your time, Jimmy.

Duce

so what about the contests? anyone going to add a fic to either one? both are stuck with one entry, should I leave them open, close them, or what?

I'm not really sure how yall wanted this two contests thing to work