TalkBox v1.0

Story Contest XVI Rules

Started by Duce, October 06, 2010, 11:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duce

THEME: Anything goes

Deadline: Nov. 1 Nov. 10

Quote from: OrpheumZero on August 30, 2010, 07:21:16 PM
Description: Duh, anything is fair game  :P. Basically we write whatever the frikafrak we feel like, of course within the realms of the site's usual stanards.

How to enter: Just submit you story under the "Story Contest XVI" AND in any other categories it belongs in.

JManime

I got a quick question, I got a story I wanna submit, but I'm new to the uploading process:
How do you enter more then one character?
And how do you enter more then one warning?
And for some reason the series is always under 'Hinata and kurenia' when I preview it, how do I remove that?

so far I think those are the only bumps I'm running into...

Jimmy Olsen

I'm still working on my entry.  It was going to be short and simple, but it's already 8,000 words and there's a lot left to go.  I may even split it into 2 stories.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

JManime

Man 8,000 and counting that sounds like a serious entry  :kawaii: I thought mine was gonna be long at 6,000

But anyway, can anyone help me with a little info on how to upload a story? I know the basics, but I'm running into a couple problems which I listed in my last post:

Quote from: JManime on October 24, 2010, 06:00:12 PM
I got a quick question, I got a story I wanna submit, but I'm new to the uploading process:
How do you ...

Jimmy Olsen

To select more than one category you click on one, then click on the arrow, then click on "Back to Main Categories" and repeat the process.  To select more than one character or warning you click on one, then press the shift key the same time you click on the others.  That way none will be deselected.  I don't know what's up with the "Hinata and Kurenia" thing.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

JManime

hmmm... I already tried that, but when I hit shift it also highlights everything in between.
For instance, when I choose defecation and then farting, it also highlights everything in between like diapers, eggs, and other things I didn't include... is there anyway to work around this, I tried it on both explorer and firefox but no change ???

Jimmy Olsen

I'm not having that problem, so I don't know what to tell you. 
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

JManime

I GOT IT... for some strange-ass reason my computer uses the Ctrl key, not the shift key to highlight separate stuff  ???

But thanks for tryin your best to help me out ;D

Duce

Quote from: JManime on October 26, 2010, 12:19:32 AM
I GOT IT... for some strange-ass reason my computer uses the Ctrl key, not the shift key to highlight separate stuff  ???

But thanks for tryin your best to help me out ;D

actually thats not strange, your supposed to use the Ctrl key.

OrpheumZero

Might be a good idea to extend the deadline by a couple of days. I should be able to get mine together soon, but at the same time I can imagine a few others are probably still toiling away on theirs. But I would guess the best thing to do is make only extend the deadline once, then it's closed.
"Legends are much like tapestries; they erode and fade until truth and lies become indistinguishible." - Original quote.

What's to come:
~ One Piece adventure ("In planning")
~ Inuyasha story
~ Story with girl having to sit between boy's legs on toilet

Jimmy Olsen

Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

OrpheumZero

That's good. For one it'll help the stories get even more time to be read before the voting polls come up.
"Legends are much like tapestries; they erode and fade until truth and lies become indistinguishible." - Original quote.

What's to come:
~ Inuyasha story

Jimmy Olsen

So is yours just about done, Orph?
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

OrpheumZero

Just started a few hours ago. Was kinda getting lazy for a while and barely getting any work done on the latest Steambot chapter (which I finished a day and a half ago). But I should be able to get it finished fairy soon. And if I have to do any touch ups after it's posted, that won't be a problem, at least I know everyone will point out any major issues.  ;D

As for what it's about, I think everyone will enjoy it.  ;)

What's to come:
~ Inuyasha story

Jimmy Olsen

You know which story I'm hoping this is. ;) But even if it isn't, I'm sure you'll cook up something fun.  In the meantime, how about reviewing my entry?  ;D
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute