Re: Ghost Experience by Jimmy Olsen
2 (25%)
An Otherworldly Walk-In by Micro
5 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: March 20, 2008, 09:18:04 PM

Duce

Jimmy Olsen

I voted for Micro's (since I never vote for myself), and I wouldn't be surprised if he wins.  His story is just a great balance of fear and "fulfillment."
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

Poowrite

If you own a PS3, download the demo. Give this game a shot. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

Micro

I also wouldn't feel right voting for myself, so OrpheumZero gets my vote. The Enema Ghost had a nice twist to it (who says ghosts all have to be evil?) and featured characters I would be perfectly happy seeing again.

OrpheumZero

Thanks, Micro. I have wondered about doing more with the characters, but I'm not too sure. I guess I'm just so used to using existing franchise characters it's a bit hard to use them elsewhere. But maybe I'll see what I can do with them.
"Legends are much like tapestries; they erode and fade until truth and lies become indistinguishible." - Original quote.

What's to come:
~ One Piece adventure ("In planning")
~ Inuyasha story
~ Story with girl having to sit between boy's legs on toilet

FallenStar

Quote from: OrpheumZero on March 09, 2008, 09:48:15 PM
Thanks, Micro. I have wondered about doing more with the characters, but I'm not too sure. I guess I'm just so used to using existing franchise characters it's a bit hard to use them elsewhere. But maybe I'll see what I can do with them.

I can understand that. Using pre-existing characters gives you a set personality, but it also constrains you *to* that personality... That's why I have, on occasion, tried to do original characters whose personalities I create, though I generally have to use the appearance (looks) of a pre-existing (already drawn) character as "inspiration"  :P

Nobody betta lay a finger on mah girl, Hotaru, or else!  xD

Micro

Quote from: FallenStar on March 10, 2008, 07:44:13 AM
Quote from: OrpheumZero on March 09, 2008, 09:48:15 PM

I can understand that. Using pre-existing characters gives you a set personality, but it also constrains you *to* that personality... That's why I have, on occasion, tried to do original characters whose personalities I create, though I generally have to use the appearance (looks) of a pre-existing (already drawn) character as "inspiration"  :P

Using pre-existing characters and settings also means it's easier for the reader to visualize what's happening and where it's happening. That was one reason Orpheum's story struck me--I immediately got an idea of what everyone looked like.

FallenStar

Quote from: Micro on March 10, 2008, 05:35:21 PM
Using pre-existing characters and settings also means it's easier for the reader to visualize what's happening and where it's happening. That was one reason Orpheum's story struck me--I immediately got an idea of what everyone looked like.

Pre-existing settings wouldn't make things *that* much harder, but for example, if you take a character like Videl and try to put her into a situation where she submits (which, in and of itself is very OOC for her), then you run into the problem of how do you make her weakened to that level whilst still keeping her in character as much as you can, so that those who know the character won't look at your fic and write it off as a bad hack job  :P

OrpheumZero

That can depend, if you're doing simply for the fetish, it can work. But for a believiable fan-fiction, you want to find the weakness of that character to shatter. Usually, the concept of a sub girl would work with an anime/game girl whose already a little submissive. Hinata, for all her inner strength and will, does kinda have that sub girl who would do whatever was wished by her beloved. I sometimes have had ideas where she's willing to do all sorts of thing for Naruto either to gain better favor or simply show appreciation (kinda like the dream girl who'll let you watch her poop).

Another character could be Melfina from Outlaw Star. She's pretty much a blank slate at the start, with only a few function like breathing and eating (I still like to believe someone had to teach her how to take a dump  ;)). In an 'alternate universe', Gene could have easily made her into a slave girl.

Then you have Junko from Desert Punk. She could go in either way, Punk breaks her will to make her obedient, or fulfills her desire of a strong man like she wished and become his toy.

I'll admit, original characters do allow for greater range of situations because their entire self has yet to be realized. But who knows, I might try another story with the girls in Enema Ghost, but I'm not too certain.
"Legends are much like tapestries; they erode and fade until truth and lies become indistinguishible." - Original quote.

What's to come:
~ One Piece adventure ("In planning")
~ Inuyasha story
~ Story with girl having to sit between boy's legs on toilet

FallenStar

Oh, without a doubt.

But when you're traditionally geared toward sub girls, it's often not *as* easy to make a dom girl wet (or for you guys - poop)  :P

The real trick, of course, is to keep them in character as much as possible, which is something I failed miserably in my Card Captor Sakura fic since I had never seen the anime and only read part of the manga.  I got chastised on it by a true fan of CCS and since then, I thought it'd be a good idea on many occasions to just put up an OOC tag to indicate that the character was acting Out of Character...  LOL

Jimmy Olsen

Congratulations, Micro!  ;D
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

Poowrite

Indeed, congrats Micro. A worthy story, no doubt.

If you own a PS3, download the demo. Give this game a shot. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

Micro

Thanks, guys. And everyone who voted for my story. It's nice to know people still enjoy them.