News:

Nyou Fiction

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Trying to clarify what is and isn't allowed...

Started by majora4, December 30, 2009, 03:58:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

majora4

So, I've read the rules for posting stories on the site thoroughly, but it leaves me with a bit of a gray area.  I've wanted for a while to write a Doctor Who fic, but seeing as the show is live action, I would presume that fits under "No Actor/Actress stories".  But, as you may (or may not) know there have been a couple of animated Dr Who episodes as of late.  My question is, how does that fit in to the rules?

Or, as another example, the Stargate series.  Again, most of it is live action, but the short lived series Stargate: Infinity is animated, so would I be able to write a fic about that particular series?  I'm just a little confused, is all, so if anyone could clear it up for me, that would be great. :)

JManime

how about you write a stargate or dr. who story for yourself, but change the names around to a random anime or even an original story just to humor us, that way everyone wins (as long as you don't go too deep into the dr. who or stargate plot), plus you can post your actual story on guro chan if you really want someone to read an unedited version

Toasty

I guess only Duce can clarify this once and for all, but it seems to me like Actor/Actress stories is referring to stories about the actors themselves...for example, a story about Claudia Black from Farscape/Stargate or Tricia Helfer who plays Six on the new Battlestar Galactica. But if you wanted to write a story within that fictional universe, I don't see why you couldn't. I say go for it, we always want more stories here.

Destinys-Failure

Doctor Who might be alright considering the Doctor is a timelord and can regenerate, and you can give him new companions. Duce, you'll have to clarify this one for us.

Duce

actually those rules just came with the fiction software, but I think it means the actual actors/actresses.

majora4

Excellent!  Now all I need is... an actual idea.  My first story just streamed from my fingers,  but the inspiration well is running dry now.  I sit and stare at a blank notepad for 30 minute intervals, not finding that crucial spark for a story :/

Jimmy Olsen

Do you ever read the (actual official) Doctor Who novels?  I wouldn't be surprised if one of them has Nyou-related fanservice.  The ones I've read sometimes have references to peeing and pooping (there's a chick in one who tries to spy on a reptile guy peeing because she's always wanted to see how an alien does it), and each of the Doctor's female companions is described naked in at least one book.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

Quagmire

Quote from: Jimmy Olsen on January 04, 2010, 01:32:00 AM
Do you ever read the (actual official) Doctor Who novels?  I wouldn't be surprised if one of them has Nyou-related fanservice.  The ones I've read sometimes have references to peeing and pooping (there's a chick in one who tries to spy on a reptile guy peeing because she's always wanted to see how an alien does it), and each of the Doctor's female companions is described naked in at least one book.

Dang!  I'm a bit of a Whovian, but had no idea about that kinda stuff being in the novels!

(Still recovering from the joygasm from "The End of Time!"  Not that I was glad to see Tennant go, but the shows were so damn good!)

Any ones in particular you'd recommend?

Jimmy Olsen

I've read a sad few of the books so far.  Most of my info comes from reading reviews and synopses by fans.  The ones I've read that I recommend the most (in terms of being good novels) are Timewyrm: Exodus and War of the Daleks

But as for fanservice, the best I ever read was in The Crystal Bucephalus (which I never finished and need to reread now).  It has a lengthy sequence where Tegan and a guest star are touring varuous planets via portals, and end up getting chased across several by a baddie.  Their travel rods project holographic cloaks that allow them to blend in on any planet.  When they happen upon a nudist planet, the rods make them appear nude, although its depiction of their covered parts is mere guesswork (and Tegan thinks her rod is rather optimistic).  That book also has a surprising number of scenes and lines involving restrooms and excretion, but the part I read didn't describe any women using the facilities or needing to do so.  Then there's Happy Endings which is basically a collection of fanservise of every kind, but sadly lacks any real plot.

What follows is a short list of the books that seem to be the most popular.

The Witch Hunters
Venusian Lullaby
The Dark Path
The Indestructible Man
The Face of the Enemy
The Sands of Time
Goth Opera
Time's Crucible
Love and War
Human Nature
The Also People
Lungbarrow
Interference
Coldheart
The Ancestor Cell
The Burning
Father Time
Fear Itself
The Gallifrey Chronicles
The Infinity Doctors
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

Quagmire

Thanks for the reply!  I should check out some of these...  :)

I've not noticed much in the way of bathroom references on the show, but one stands out that I posted about on the now-dead AnonIB toilet board:  A very attractive brunette on a space journey managed to mistake an escape pod for a bathroom...twice!  And jettisoned herself at least once, making me wonder how things could have turned out while waiting for rescue if she was REALLY needing to go... ;D