Nyou Fiction

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Best Animé and Fanservice of 2009

Started by Jimmy Olsen, December 28, 2009, 12:38:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmy Olsen

With 2009 drawing to a close, I'd like to know what everyone's favorite animé to come out this year was.  And maybe you can also take a moment to reminisce about your favorite fanservice moment in this year's animé (take that to mean whatever you want).

In case your memory needs jogging as to what actually came out this year, the series I've noticed making the year end lists are 07-Ghost, Bakemonogatari, Fight Ippatsu! Juuden-chan, Genji Monogatari Sennenki, Higashi no Eden, Kämpfer, Kemono no Sou-Ja Erin, Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, and various sequels.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

OrpheumZero

Can't say I saw much. Though if I had to, I'd say Fullmetal Alchemist. While it's not as fanservice-centric as some series, it does have it's moments. The more recent volumes of the manga especially. 20 has a bit where Winry takes a bath and while it's not as 'enticing' as what you may seen in shows more centered on that subject matter, it was still very eye catching!  :P And of course there's a bit where Winry nearly undresses in front of Ed whose sneaking around (she had just returned home so she didn't know he was there). As for the anime, Brotherhood, the third ending theme does have some fanservice like moments, with a decent shot of Winry's rump while in her mechanic's uniform, and then with the top undone and her wearing a nice fitting tube top. ;D

But now that you mention a "Best of 09" subject, mayhaps we should do a poll for best story of 09 here, there certainly were some nice stories. Granted, with the limited time between now and the end of the year, I would say it doesn't matter if the poll finishes after New Year's. For the winning story, I would say either a special place on the front page like the contest fics, or perhaps a snippet that mentions "Voted best of 09".

So? Anyone else like the idea?
"Legends are much like tapestries; they erode and fade until truth and lies become indistinguishible." - Original quote.

What's to come:
~ One Piece adventure ("In planning")
~ Inuyasha story
~ Story with girl having to sit between boy's legs on toilet

Anime Lover

for purely on fan-service, two animes stand out to me: Strike Witches and Fight Ippatsu! Juuden-chan
Total Projects: 463
Latest Project: The Benefits of Sisters
Current Project:   Show and Tell
Planned Projects: The Geelien's 12, 13

Jimmy Olsen

Tell me more about these witches who strike, A.L.  ???
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

Anime Lover

you haven't heard of strike witches!? O_O
have you been living under a rock? :p

It's kinda hard to described though, it's set in an alternate universe, were WW1 (or was it 2) hasn't occurred and all the nations are working togeather to defeat an alien race invading earth called the Neuroi so they send out young girl's, 18 and under, called witches to fight the Neuroi, with magically powered propeller engines on there legs, and big guns, one of the smaller ones uses a four-chamber rocker launcher!. all the main girl's represent real life pilots, like Yeager, who broke the sound barrier

Oh, and none of the girl's wear pants, well, at least was 'we' in the real world call pants, so CONSTANT PANY-SHOTS or CROTCH-SHOTS! ^_^

FallenStar

Chuck Yeager was from WWII, so it's possible the series is based around the time period 1939-1945 or so.  Also, I'm not sure, but didn't one of those girls have some sort of German military symbol? (I don't recall if it was a swastika or just a symbol of the German Air Force).

Nobody betta lay a finger on mah girl, Hotaru, or else!  xD

Jimmy Olsen

No, I'd never heard of Strike Witches before, even though I visited 3 sites with best anime of the year, plus other research on recent anime (since I just got a Netflix account and want to catch up). 

Is there anything good about this show besides fanservice?  This no-pants aerial strike force sounds more like a parody of anime than something I'd enjoy.  But I could be wrong.  Batman Begins sounded stupid to me when I first heard it described.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

Anime Lover

Strike Witches is PURELY fan-service, both military-wise and perversity-wise.
so if your looking for a good story, look elsewhere.

if your the type that loves fan-service though and don't care much about a story, strike witches is certainly a good choice

Jimmy Olsen

Fanservice is often fun for me (that's why I read peeing fanfics here), but it has to have another leg to stand on.  That's why I wasn't too fond of Kurumi 2-shiki.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

Anime Lover

well Strike witches story is decent, but it's focus is fan-service.
watch for the fan-service, not the story

Jimmy Olsen

I see now.

Any other favorites, people? ??? I was hoping to have a big thread here.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

FallenStar

Sorry, I don't really watch *new* anime... by the time I get into any anime, it's usually been out for a year or more, lol

AL, can you give me a screenshot of the German-based strike witch? I want to see the symbol she has on her uniform (or whatever it is).

Anime Lover

Quote from: FallenStar on January 04, 2010, 07:21:36 PM
Sorry, I don't really watch *new* anime... by the time I get into any anime, it's usually been out for a year or more, lol

AL, can you give me a screenshot of the German-based strike witch? I want to see the symbol she has on her uniform (or whatever it is).

just go to Danbooru or Gelbooru and type in strike_witches and you'll get plenty of pics

FallenStar

Fine, I'll just do it the hard way, then...    :P

yarr

Dont watch much last few years. I'm following once piece and rewatching cowboy bebop, not much else out there worth my attention really.. oh, and the berserk manga offcourse.