Nyou Fiction

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

BlueSniper's Updates/Feedback Thread

Started by BlueSniper, May 05, 2009, 10:55:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blooper

Always assumed the 5ds characters were mostly adults, actually :X Guess I really have no idea one way or the other. Timeskip is totally fine.

Also you shoudl get a skype account so we can work on game devving again x.x

BlueSniper

Agh, I keep forgetting. I have the program, but I don't have it set up. We're doing that by text, right?

Also, Chapter 4 of Iron Stomach is up.

blooper

Theoretically we were supposed to do a voice thing to discuss, but who knows. Duce has set up a shared google docs folder as well. I put some stuff in it, a preliminary system and some cards, though its something I'm making in lackey as opposed to what the game has to be, since I used leakage as hp and such. Needs work, but its a start. Tell Duce ot add you to the folder so you can read it, then send whatever comments through Skype.

BlueSniper

Hey, who likes Cersei Lannister? *crickets*

Okay, who dislikes her enough that reading about her in lots of pain and desperation for a privy would be entertaining? Spoiler alert: she makes it, though thinking about it now I might have to write a version of this where she doesn't. Or maybe a second chapter. I'll consider it when we get a ASOIAF/GoT category.

Words are Wind

Toasty

Mother of god. A Song of Ice and Fire story?? I didn't think anything could justify delaying the next chapter of the Tekken story, but clearly I was wrong.

I've only read the description and warnings and I already think I'm going to have a heart attack.  :kawaii:

BlueSniper

Transference, my entry for Story Contest 31. It was maybe the 5th idea I started writing and then scrapped, but the difference is that I ended up going back to this and finishing it (at least that chapter, which might not be the last we see of Nialla/Britha). Hope it does everything it's supposed to do. I was going for a few different things plot-wise, and I think I skimped on too many details, looking it back over. But hey, it's in, so at least there is a single entry.

Original characters, original story. I swear Queen is still a thing I'm thinking about, even if I'm not actively writing it.

(for the record, ideas 1-4:

1 was an expanded version of something that occurs in George R. R. Martin's A Clash of Kings, where Tyrion spikes Cersei's wine so that he can attend to matters of court as the Hand without her gumming up the works. In the book the only aftermath we see is Tyrion receiving word that she's not feeling well, while thinking to himself that the real reason she's not around is that she's crapping her guts out. Here we'd get all the gory details.

2 was another original story involving a team of paranormal investigators staking out a women's wrestling gym/training area, where one of the team is constipated and the other takes her laxative-laced drink because she's an insensitive jerk. She ends up having to use the travel potty inside the back of the van, much to the chagrin of her teammates.

3 was similar to 2, except the team is a sisterhood of superheroines, the laxative is in the form of chocolate powder, and almost everyone on the team ends up drinking the ensuing chocolate milkshakes--except of course the one teammate who needs it the most. The team's made up of a gadgeteer [the constipated main character], a speedster, a healer, a telepath, a mimic, a Hulk-lite, a hyperkinetic, a floater, and a kinda-Kryptonian.

4 was a steampunk-ish retelling of the Odyssey, specifically the part with the Cyclops. It basically follows Captain Odysseia and her airship on the return from Troy, before she's waylaid by the ferocious giantess Galate, who menaces them with her bottomless appetite and her fiendish "Evil Eye" between her cheeks. She's dispatched by a combination of clever thinking and a barrel of potent fruit squash with laxative properties. I still plan to write this one.)

Toasty

Oh man...new BlueSniper story. And it's 5,000 words? I gotta prepare for this. Block out some alone time, buy some nice beer, maybe put on some atmospheric music. I can't just, like, *read* it all willy-nilly. Is that weird? That's probably weird.

...ha! For a second there I was almost worried about being weird on this site. That's a good one.

By the way, those are some great ideas. I find number 3 to be particularly interesting, if incredibly ambitious (at least it would be for me, it would take me forever to write something with all those characters). I look forward to seeing that Odyssey one someday, too.

BlueSniper

@Toasty - I seem to remember planning to put a character in a story inspired by you as a thank-you for being so supportive over the years. I'm going to see what I can do about that for my next story, I think...

And #3 was probably the closest other story to being my submission. Maybe I'll finish writing that and submit it as well, since no one else seems to have entered the contest this time around.

Running unopposed for the win.