1 (12.5%)
(*N2) Body swap
3 (37.5%)
(*N3) Set in previously unused universe
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: October 30, 2007, 06:28:56 PM

Anime Lover

Quote from: FallenStar on October 10, 2007, 01:24:32 AMExcept for the fact that I'm sure they wanted to do scat/poop or something else I wouldn't like, I'd prolly wanna read it.  I love Lynn as a character... She rules.

There's no scat or anything like that.
Actually, the author does past version of Lynn where she first discovers her succubus blood. and almost kills a friend. So in regards to Lynn, it's an unofficial backstory, Lynn and her mom arn't main characters though, the fics are told in the 1st person POV. it's not until the fifth chapter, (which is unfinished) were the current, seventeen year old Lynn is present and Alex is introduced.
Total Projects: 463
Latest Project: The Benefits of Sisters
Current Project:   Show and Tell
Planned Projects: The Geelien's 12, 13

Jimmy Olsen

Quote from: OrpheumZero on October 10, 2007, 01:51:54 AMBut I really think this should be the next theme, it's really different and would only work best as a theme, it wouldn't be the same if it were the site story.

On that note, how come discussion of the site story suddenly halted?  This puzzles me.  ???

On the subject of using other people's characters, I can go either way.  Some characters and universes I make are sacred to me, and I wouldn't want anyone else writing them (at least not without considerable input from me).  Others I wouldn't mind giving other authors free reign on.  But the bottom line is that I don't think this should be a contest theme.  It's too constraining for the people who are going to continue with the stories/characters, and it bothers at least some of the original authors.  The support for this is going to be low, and the turnout for it if it gets picked will be low.  Besides, the people who are into this idea can continue with other people's stories/characters at any time without it being a contest (provided they have permission).

I hate being negative to people on this forum, since you're all so polite and open-minded, but this is one thing I strongly feel is a bad idea.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

Poowrite

changing place of residence: this is why I've clammed up in the site story discussion. I should be able to contribute again, though.

I'm just throwin' this out there, but shouldn't we be focusing more on Contest IV? I'm not the only one who intends to enter am I?

If you own a PS3, download the demo. Give this game a shot. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

Jimmy Olsen

I have an idea for Contest IV, but I haven't had the time to write it yet.  I hope we get several entries, but I'm kind of concerned that the month is 1/3 over and there are no entries yet.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

Anime Lover

Quote from: Jimmy Olsen on October 10, 2007, 06:05:16 PMThe support for this is going to be low, and the turnout for it if it gets picked will be low.

It's not like there are many ppl who participate in the story contests anyway, Only three ppl have, including me.

BTW, 2 ppl are for this idea and 2 ppl are against it,
1. One doesn't want others using his characters
2. the other thinks it would be too constricting

IMO 1. Don't participate then

IMO 2. How do you know it would be too constricting? If the characters of the fic to be follow-up on are described well, it should be easy to make an 'unoffical' follow up. and if you having trouble, what's wrong with actually asking the original author if having a character do something is alright?

FallenStar

I'll do a story like this, if AL consents to doing the follow up to my story..  xP

FallenStar

Nobody betta lay a finger on mah girl, Hotaru, or else!  xD

Anime Lover

Quote from: FallenStar on October 10, 2007, 11:02:04 PM
I'll do a story like this, if AL consents to doing the follow up to my story..  xP

If I'm the only reason you'd make a fic, you shouldn't participate.

Jimmy Olsen

I don't think I'm going to change your mind, so I think I'll just leave this matter be.  Everybody can vote on it vs. the other themes, like in the last contest.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

FallenStar

Quote from: Anime Lover on October 10, 2007, 11:03:56 PM

If I'm the only reason you'd make a fic, you shouldn't participate.

I see trying to use humor around you is a no-win scenario...  >_>;

FallenStar

Nia

I think a good theme might be:

a young girl and guy (like a friend, or a crush, or a classmate, or maybe even a brother, some other guy) some how end up in each others bodies, and the girl needed to take a big dump before hand, ( or she was constipated, or was a side effect of switching bodies or what ever the reason.) so the guy has to take a dump in a girls body  before they can get their bodies, (for any reason, like just couldn't hold it , or had to be able to switch back or what ever.) but not in panties/clothes.

so basically: guy switches bodies with young girl, and has to take a dump not in panties/clothes.

Jimmy Olsen

Quote from: Nia on October 15, 2007, 12:41:18 AM

a young girl and guy (like a friend, or a crush, or a classmate, or maybe even a brother, some other guy) some how end up in each others bodies, and the girl needed to take a big dump before hand, ( or she was constipated, or was a side effect of switching bodies or what ever the reason.) so the guy has to take a dump in a girls body  before they can get their bodies, (for any reason, like just couldn't hold it , or had to be able to switch back or what ever.) but not in panties/clothes.

so basically: guy switches bodies with young girl, and has to take a dump not in panties/clothes.

That's a good challenge, but I think we need something broader for a contest theme.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

Poowrite

Quote from: Jimmy Olsen on October 15, 2007, 12:55:48 AM

That's a good challenge, but I think we need something broader for a contest theme.

I don't know, I think a body switching theme could make a good contest. Personally, I'd really rather drop the "not in panties/clothes" stipulation but aside from that I don't see a problem with it. In fact, do that and I'd really like it.

I guess I'll toss an idea out there: a bathroom related story set in a universe that doesn't yet have any stories posted under it. So, Final Fantasy V would be a canidate but not any of the FF games. The category doesn't have to be posted yet (so something like Wild ARMS, Grandia or Disgaea 2) and it can be an original universe, as long as it hasn't been used before, so I couldn't use Kameyo's universe. Also, if there is a story under that universe that hasn't been posted yet, that universe is free game (so even though Omnipresent did the Bleach stories, it'd be okay to use that universe since those stories aren't posted here.)

Finally, if two authors decided to use the same universe for their entry, that's okay. For example, if Orpheum and I both did an Eva story for the contest that would be acceptable. This applies to any non-contest entries posted after the contest begins.

If you own a PS3, download the demo. Give this game a shot. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

FallenStar

If we ever did a contest that specifically told us to use a certain category, I wouldn't mind putting up a pee-desperation fic from Final Fantasy V...  >.>

FallenStar

Jimmy Olsen

Quote from: Poowrite on October 15, 2007, 01:35:53 PM
Quote from: Jimmy Olsen on October 15, 2007, 12:55:48 AM

I don't know, I think a body switching theme could make a good contest.

I wasn't opposing a body-swap story in general, I just think there are too many details in Nia's idea.  Contest themes should be general ideas without too many dos and don'ts.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

Poowrite

Quote from: Jimmy Olsen on October 15, 2007, 06:43:35 PM
I wasn't opposing a body-swap story in general, I just think there are too many details in Nia's idea.  Contest themes should be general ideas without too many dos and don'ts.

Right, I was trying to think of a way to articulate what you just said in my last post, but failed miserably.

If we limit the cirmstances in which the swap occurs and in which it can be reversed it'll make it tougher to make one story really original from another, I believe.