TalkBox v1.0

Story Contest XXVII Rules

Started by Duce, September 20, 2013, 02:12:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duce

Theme: Scoot Over!

Edit: Deadline extented
Deadline: November 15th

How to enter: Just submit you story under the "Story Contest XXVII" AND in any other categories it belongs in.

Quote from: paragon on May 04, 2013, 04:53:49 PM
Theme: Scoot Over!

Description: Two friends, enemies, etc. use the same receptacle at the exact same time. It can be as simple as sitting on each other's laps on the toilet, or something more complicated like straddling a trash can or sharing a diaper. The point is their discomfort at performing something so gross so close to one another.

Jimmy Olsen

I might actually enter this.  I've gotten almost no writing done lately, but I have been messing around with this comical sci-fi novella, and one of the completed scenes could be tweaked to fit the requirements of this contest.  A pair of girls are camping out, and nature calls one in the middle of the pitch-black night when coyote howls are filling the air.  She's afraid to leave the tent alone, and wakes up the other girl and drags her outside so she can watch her back while she pees.  I can rewrite it so they both use a latrine they dug, and then rewrite the ending so it doesn't seem like one scene out of a larger story.

How's that sound?  What are other people working on for this contest?
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

UndeadRiot

I'm yet to come up with a Fic for it. And the deadline's creeping in. I hate it when you can't come up with ideas, it's annoying.
"Ja, Dempsey, family reunions are often stressfull." -Edward A. Richtofen, quote from Call Of Duty: Zombies Mode. "Tomorrow comes today." -Gorillaz, quote from the song Tomorrow Comes Today from their first album.

EnragedFilia

I've started on one, although it's going to be shorter than my usual works for several reasons.

Fortunately, coming up with ideas is the easy part for me, so here's a couple for everyone else to use:

1- A pair of catty office ladies become very desperate over the course of an unusually long meeting (or perhaps stewardesses and an interminable takeoff delay, or backup dancers for a pop singer after a long concert or rehearsal or ballerinas or bellydancers or whatever else you can come up with) and afterwards rush to the only available bathroom at the same time and being to squabble over who gets to use it first. Their superior sees the commotion and scolds them both, then orders them into the bathroom together as punishment as well as to force them to try to get along for once. While inside perhaps they proceed to complain about how embarrassing it is, or bicker about who's splashing who. Or perhaps one or both suffers a sudden bout of loud and stinky flatulence. Afterwards they either tacitly agree to never speak of it again, or unexpectedly become friends as a result.

2- A pair of courtesans or maidservants or some such in the Imperial Court (Medieval China or an obvious expy thereof; the inspiration for the setting taken from this old story on B2B) attend their master at a formal banquet which drags on far longer than expected, leaving both of them highly desperate. When the master finally excuses himself, they know there's no time for them to take turns relieving themselves and are forced to do so simultaneously rather than keep their master waiting.

UndeadRiot

Thanks for the ideas, bro. I like the back up dancers idea. Again, I'll give you full credit for the idea.
"Ja, Dempsey, family reunions are often stressfull." -Edward A. Richtofen, quote from Call Of Duty: Zombies Mode. "Tomorrow comes today." -Gorillaz, quote from the song Tomorrow Comes Today from their first album.

Jimmy Olsen

I posted my story, "It's Dangerous to Go Alone!"  For some reason it's not letting me add the Story Contest XXVII category.

As always, I'd like to know what people thought of the story, and what I should change if I submit a revision.  I'm particularly interested in readers' reactions to the ending.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

OrpheumZero

I should be able to finish my entry, though I might not be on the exact deadline. But then again, Jimmy is so far the only entry so we'll probably have to extend the deadline a little so more people can join if they wish.
"Legends are much like tapestries; they erode and fade until truth and lies become indistinguishible." - Original quote.

What's to come:
~ One Piece adventure ("In planning")
~ Inuyasha story
~ Story with girl having to sit between boy's legs on toilet

Jimmy Olsen

Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

OrpheumZero

Should be done soon, just had a little hitch earlier on.
"Legends are much like tapestries; they erode and fade until truth and lies become indistinguishible." - Original quote.

What's to come:
~ Inuyasha story

OrpheumZero

Sorry for the long delay. Between being a little lazy, having a few job interviews, and just lacking a little inspiration-wise, I got it done.

http://nyou.animegirldesp.org/nf/viewstory.php?sid=709&warning=3

What's to come:
~ Inuyasha story

BlueSniper

OrpheumZero

If you can drum up something soon, I don't see why you couldn't enter. Let's face it, the story contests haven't exactly been on the best schedules for a while now. Until we can get some fresh blood and better traffic, things are gonna be slow for a while still.

What's to come:
~ Inuyasha story

Jimmy Olsen

Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute