Nyou Fiction

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

My assorted updates

Started by SharkBait, October 21, 2010, 03:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SharkBait

Hey guys, I'm not very active on the forum here, but I check the IB every day, and I'm on the fiction site a bunch. Just wanted to create a thread to dump (no pun intended lolol) my updates, let anybody who cares know things....etc.

Like for one I've got a blog set up to keep my fics. (http://thesharksfin.blogspot.com/) I'll still be posting them all here, but I'd just like a place to keep them all organized.

THAT IS ALL. AWAY, CRETINS.

Jimmy Olsen

Why don't you enter a story in the contest?  Anything with peeing or pooping qualifies.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

SharkBait

Quote from: Jimmy Olsen on October 22, 2010, 05:46:44 PM
Why don't you enter a story in the contest?  Anything with peeing or pooping qualifies.

Why sir that is a SMASHING idea...if I could think of anything. I'll sleep on it. :P

Jimmy Olsen

You could enter a story you've already got.  I don't think there would be objections, so long as it's new to this site.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

SharkBait

Sneak preview on my blog. Just thought I'd mention it.

Jimmy Olsen

I like that scene!  Looking forward to the rest.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

Zee_phyro

Quote from: SharkBait on October 27, 2010, 02:54:24 AM
Sneak preview on my blog. Just thought I'd mention it.

Absolutely love it! When are you going to release the full version of it?  :kawaii:

SharkBait

If all goes well I'll post it this weekend. If not...well I'll post it later, then, I guess.  ;D

Jimmy Olsen

Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

OrpheumZero

Moe, if I remember right, is the term for cutish anime girls who are kinda like the emotional punching bags (heck, I think moe is even an anagram of emo or something, lol). It's been used for characters like Mikuru from Haruhi, and others like her. So I think "Not moe" was refering to the fact the girl in question was doing something very dirty and hentai-ish.
"Legends are much like tapestries; they erode and fade until truth and lies become indistinguishible." - Original quote.

What's to come:
~ One Piece adventure ("In planning")
~ Inuyasha story
~ Story with girl having to sit between boy's legs on toilet

Toasty

Uhhh, sort of, I'm about to go on a Japanese nerd rant here so bear with me.

Moe refers to (almost always female) characters designed to be as adorable as possible, in a sort of endearing as opposed to overtly sexual way. "Moe" shows are ones that feature a group of these characters hanging out together and doing adorable things, such as Azumangah Daioh or K-On!.

Also, apparently no one knows where exactly the term moe comes from, but some people think it comes from the Japanese word for "budding". That probably refers to the fact that these characters are usually pretty young and try to evoke a fatherly sort of feeling in the viewers. It's actually a pretty fascinating concept because there's really no perfect Western equivalent. People have written whole articles and stuff about it!

In No More Heroes, Travis is obsessed with moe anime, so when Shinobu is beaten by him and sees herself as his student, she tries to become as moe as possible. When you play as her, she sometimes randomly yells "MOE!!" as a battle cry (even though she doesn't really know what it means exactly). It's kind of hilarious, actually.

Jimmy Olsen

Okay, so I'm guessing Moe-chan's name on Love Hina is a joke reference to this.  Thanks for the info.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

SharkBait

Oh my god, when Jimmy asked what "not moe" meant, I laughed out loud. Shinobu actually asks herself what moe means in the game, almost WORD FOR WORD what he said. For some reason I thought that was side-splitting.

/loser :P

BlueSniper

I myself thought that was somewhat funny.

So I guess great minds think alike? I was planning to introduce a character slightly based on Shinobu and other sources (mostly Christie Monteiro) in my Axon fic. Seems like the character type (short light hair, dark skin) is becoming a bit more popular.

Also, about the action itself, I pretty much loved the descriptions. The only thing I'd say is watch your tenses. Also, it looks like you have some other stuff around this site...going to have to grab a box of popcorn and a drink now.

*scrolls down*

SharkBait

So yeah, I started this thing: http://gurochan.net/lit/res/3133.html

The thread explains it, and of course I wrote a new (very brief) story for it.

UPDATE COMPLETE