*runs*

Nobody betta lay a finger on mah girl, Hotaru, or else!  xD

Anime Lover

Total Projects: 463
Latest Project: The Benefits of Sisters
Current Project:   Show and Tell
Planned Projects: The Geelien's 12, 13

OrpheumZero

*Raises hand* I voted Poowrite for congress! *Is slapped across head* - I mean for the contest.

Anyway, pretty nice, every story has one vote right now, can't wait to see this heat up.
"Legends are much like tapestries; they erode and fade until truth and lies become indistinguishible." - Original quote.

What's to come:
~ One Piece adventure ("In planning")
~ Inuyasha story
~ Story with girl having to sit between boy's legs on toilet

FallenStar

>.>
<.<

I still say Anime Lover's is the best.

FallenStar

Nobody betta lay a finger on mah girl, Hotaru, or else!  xD

Jimmy Olsen

So who was the 2nd person who voted for Poowrite?

I'm still considering.  :-\

Random note: In an interesting coincidence, both Orpheum and Poowrite's stories have the word "time" in the title, and mine has the title of a song from an album called Time.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

OrpheumZero

Ahhh! You've uncovered the conspiracy! >.>

<.<

O_o!?!?!ZOMGWTF?!?

*Jumps out a conviently placed window*
"Legends are much like tapestries; they erode and fade until truth and lies become indistinguishible." - Original quote.

What's to come:
~ Inuyasha story

Poowrite

I thought votes were supposed to be private affairs, so I'm not sharing mine. Still, you could probably figure it out on your own.

Hint: As a matter of principal, I never vote for myself. It was a tough choice between the other three though.

Quote from: Jimmy Olsen on November 03, 2007, 12:20:52 AM
Random note: In an interesting coincidence, both Orpheum and Poowrite's stories have the word "time" in the title, and mine has the title of a song from an album called Time.

To add to that, before all this you posted a story whose title was simply "Time". Creepy...

If you own a PS3, download the demo. Give this game a shot. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

Jimmy Olsen

Quote from: Poowrite on November 03, 2007, 07:23:04 PM
Quote from: Jimmy Olsen on November 03, 2007, 12:20:52 AM

To add to that, before all this you posted a story whose title was simply "Time". Creepy...

That's not so much a coincidence, since it was named after the same album.  A hint was that the 1st and last chapters were called "Prologue" and "Epilogue," the 1st and last tracks of the album.  I was going to give the other 6 chapters titles from the actual songs, but "Hold On Tight" was the only song title that fit so I dropped that idea.  But I had that in my head when I was writing my contest entry, and "The Lights Go Down" described what happened in that story.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

OrpheumZero

What ho, my story isn't sweeping the polls? Either I'm losing my touch or I didn't make a as good a story as I usually did.

Though I can see PW and JO are tied, come one people, cast your votes, we need a winner. Not only that, I don't think Duce has any ideas for ties, unless if he just extends the poll close date or something.

What's to come:
~ Inuyasha story

Duce

The Poll is closed.

Congrats to Jimmy Olsen for his story The Lights Go Down by Jimmy Olsen.

Jimmy Olsen

Thanks for all the votes and reviews, guys. ;D I was actually surprised I beat Poowrite.

If anybody wants to write a sequel to "The Lights..." you can (provided you follow a couple basic rules).
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

Nia

I can't write stories, but I have ideas all the time about stuff I wish could be done, just like with your winning story,

though I would like to hear more about it. like I'm wondering whats stopping them from going against their trainers & other higher up's?

Jimmy Olsen

Quote from: Nia on November 16, 2007, 11:16:42 PM
though I would like to hear more about it. like I'm wondering whats stopping them from going against their trainers & other higher up's?

There are various failsafes protecting the Base staff from the Mendels in case that becomes an issue.  The Ross Base has military personnel for external and internal security.  The Mendels' only advantage over them is their abilities, which can be "turned off," so to speak.  They were bred so the part of their brains controlling their special abilities temporarily shuts down when exposed to energy on a certain frequency.  Certain authorized personnel know this frequency and can have standard energy weapons attuned to it if there is ever a problem with the Mendels.  More importantly, each Mendel besides Zeta had a microchip implanted in their developing brains when they were embryos that can deliver this energy.  The chips are now impossible to remove without causing death and can be controlled from 1 of 2 secret control rooms in the base.  For security reasons, access to the control rooms and other highly important things require the compliance of 3 different authorized personnel.  This is in case Tau A. masters control of humans and B. becomes a threat to the Base staff.  The scientists doubt she could ever control more than 1 person at a time, but 2 are theoretically possible.  Controlling 3 people at once is considered impossible.  So, even if Tau developed her ability fully, was a threat, and learned of the secret control rooms, it would be impossible for her to gain access to even one of them to sabotage it by controlling people's bodies.  But really, the most important failsafe against Mendel hostility is their training.  They've been brought up at this base, provided for by its staff, and trained to be loyal.  With them now in their teenage years, a little rebellion against their human authority figures is to be expected, but it's considered highly unlikely that any of them will stage a serious revolt.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

Nia

yeah that's kinda what I figured, and yeah I was just talking about little teenage rebellion stuff,

but the reason I asked is because I was thinking the other Mendels could get fed up of how Zeta treats them, and some how get her in enough trouble that she is punished,  and she loses her abilities for a few days or so, and is force to live like the others for a while, like looking her age, wearing clothes, having to use the bathrooms like every one else and having to wipe, maybe someone can be nice to her and help her out since she not doing everything right and her maybe getting a little nicer from the experience.