* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Story Contest XI Rules

Started by Duce, September 01, 2008, 05:11:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duce

Theme: A hard day's work

Deadline: October 1st EXTENDED

How to Enter:  when you submit your story add it to the "Story Contest XI" category AND any other categories it belongs to.

Quote from: OrpheumZero on August 05, 2008, 12:53:00 AM
Theme: A hard day's work

Description: Using any series, one preferably action heavy (Code Geass, Black Lagoon, Devil May Cry, etc), we have the girl (or girls if the series has multiple hotties kicking butt) having another typical day of this and that, and ending it with a nice relaxing visit to the toilet.

Example: Structure would be similar to my Case Closed story, in that the story must play out as though it were a lost episode of the series but with the usual nyou-story charm of course ;)

Micro

Sorry if this question has already been answered elsewhere, but video game series are fair game for this contest, right? I see that Devil May Cry is mentioned in the description, but the mention of a "lost episode" structure made me wonder.

yarr

I cant see why not one could use video games.  ^-^

OrpheumZero

Quote from: Micro on September 02, 2008, 05:08:55 PM
Sorry if this question has already been answered elsewhere, but video game series are fair game for this contest, right? I see that Devil May Cry is mentioned in the description, but the mention of a "lost episode" structure made me wonder.

Just a simple turn of phrase. Basically it means like a removed scene from a story,  given that novels rarely do 'here's an event that you didn't see during the trilogy'. But if you've a Devil May Cry story in mind, I'd love to see it.
"Legends are much like tapestries; they erode and fade until truth and lies become indistinguishible." - Original quote.

What's to come:
~ One Piece adventure ("In planning")
~ Inuyasha story
~ Story with girl having to sit between boy's legs on toilet

Micro

Quote from: OrpheumZero on September 02, 2008, 10:26:04 PM
Just a simple turn of phrase. Basically it means like a removed scene from a story,  given that novels rarely do 'here's an event that you didn't see during the trilogy'. But if you've a Devil May Cry story in mind, I'd love to see it.

Actually, it's Soul Calibur (I'll let people speculate as to which characters). I just hoped that the DMC mention meant that video games were allowed.

Jimmy Olsen

So could this be like the ending of a video game (like "Super Metroid" or "Super Princess Peach") written up and followed by a restroom scene?
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

solomance

Quote from: Jimmy Olsen on September 04, 2008, 06:04:16 PM
So could this be like the ending of a video game (like "Super Metroid" or "Super Princess Peach") written up and followed by a restroom scene?

I guess that would work, since it follows the whole layout of a toilet scene conclusion. (And I would assume that the video game endings have enough action for this contest.)

Jimmy Olsen

I have another question, since now I have an idea for this contest that I really like.  The descriptions says "using any series," but can it be an original series instead? 

I'm asking this because I have a mostly written story that could fit the category with a little rewriting.  The finished version would show a magical girl who drives ghosts from haunted places for a living (sort of like a miko or an exorcist) tackling an expecially difficult job and afterwards enjoying a nice "rest" in a restroom. 

What do the judges say?
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

OrpheumZero

*Dressed as a Roman*

Hmm.....

*Gives thumbs downs, camera pulls out to show a mime then being mauled to death by a pack of lemurs. Turns around to read.*

Quote from: Jimmy Olsen on September 14, 2008, 09:17:56 PM
I have another question, since now I have an idea for this contest that I really like.  The descriptions says "using any series," but can it be an original series instead? 

I'm asking this because I have a mostly written story that could fit the category with a little rewriting.  The finished version would show a magical girl who drives ghosts from haunted places for a living (sort of like a miko or an exorcist) tackling an expecially difficult job and afterwards enjoying a nice "rest" in a restroom. 

What do the judges say?

Sure, why not? A good idea would be to have her already in mid-case then go to another, that way you can really show her usual work day.
"Legends are much like tapestries; they erode and fade until truth and lies become indistinguishible." - Original quote.

What's to come:
~ Inuyasha story

Jimmy Olsen

Quote from: OrpheumZero on September 15, 2008, 10:05:03 PMSure, why not? A good idea would be to have her already in mid-case then go to another, that way you can really show her usual work day.

That's not exactly what I have in mind, but I do have something unexpected in the plot that should score points with the readers.

As for a status report, I have the action written but still need to write the character and potty scenes.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

Poowrite

Cool, lookin' forward to what and the other entering authors cook up :)

If you own a PS3, download the demo. Give this game a shot. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

Jimmy Olsen

Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

Poowrite

If you own a PS3, download the demo. Give this game a shot. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

OrpheumZero

I should be writting my entry soon, look for it in the next couple of days (heck, maybe even later this evening).

By the way, Duce, do I need that medal picture to add my fifth win? Or do I simply add the award to make it appear?

What's to come:
~ Inuyasha story

Poowrite

I started mine today. Got about a page and a half done, though that is mostly dialog. I have a simple outline, though, so hopefully it won't take me to much longer.