Nyou Fiction

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Attention Patrons

Started by FallenStar, November 12, 2008, 07:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FallenStar

The host of this site - Sideways (a good friend of mine) has decided to remove all adult stuff from his "autobotiacon.com" domain.  Now, he promises to keep hosting stuff here, but in order to continue to have this site where it is, we need a new domain name.

Duce has neither the money nor a paypal account, so what we need here is an infusion of approximately 10 dollars and a paypal account to get a domain name from Namecheap.com

So... any ideas, guys?

Nobody betta lay a finger on mah girl, Hotaru, or else!  xD

OrpheumZero

Please don't tell me the fiction site is in danger again, not after so long.

*Sigh* I wish I could help out and chip in some dough, but my family's in too much of pinch at the moment and I don't even have a paypal to begin with...

Darn it, I hope things don't go down the toilet again.
"Legends are much like tapestries; they erode and fade until truth and lies become indistinguishible." - Original quote.

What's to come:
~ One Piece adventure ("In planning")
~ Inuyasha story
~ Story with girl having to sit between boy's legs on toilet

N

We could always just get a co.nr domain and use this place for hosting space...

FallenStar

Whatever you guys decide is fine. Just as long as you get a domain name.  =)

Duce

Quote from: N on November 13, 2008, 03:20:52 PM
We could always just get a co.nr domain and use this place for hosting space...
sorry no but thats not actually a domain, its a url redirection service. and also it's against to rules to have adult with them.

N

Quote from: Duce on November 13, 2008, 04:14:04 PM
sorry no but thats not actually a domain, its a url redirection service. and also it's against to rules to have adult with them.

I knew it was a url redirection service, I was saying that maybe we could just get some free webhosting and just link it to that. I never knew adult content was not allowed, though.

I don't think "www.dot.tk," another url redirection service, has those restrictions.

Plus, how big could this site be? No more than 100 megs at most, right?

Jimmy Olsen

Should we start saving the stories on hard drive in case the site doesn't survive?
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

Duce

Quote from: N on November 14, 2008, 02:30:44 PM
Quote from: Duce on November 13, 2008, 04:14:04 PM

I knew it was a url redirection service, I was saying that maybe we could just get some free webhosting and just link it to that. I never knew adult content was not allowed, though.

I don't think "www.dot.tk," another url redirection service, has those restrictions.

Plus, how big could this site be? No more than 100 megs at most, right?

well it's hard enough to find free hosting that allows adult, and if we did find another host we wouldn't need a url redirection service.

we not losing our hosting just our url, so to speak, so what we need is dns service I think, actually I know of a place the does free dns but they don't allow adult either.  :'(

FallenStar

You know...  I don't know why I thought people would actually *have* money and paypal to get a domain name...

Guess I was just having a blonde moment.

If worse comes to worse (and if I can get a new one for 10 dollars as I suggested), I would get it with my paypal account. 

OrpheumZero

I'd hate to see you put your neck into like that Fallen, but I know that everyone would owe a great debt if you did choose to do so. Hopefully we'll figure out some deal that won't make anyone's wallet cry. Just wish I could do something myself, but I'm pretty illiterate when it comes to url stuff and whatnot.  :'(
"Legends are much like tapestries; they erode and fade until truth and lies become indistinguishible." - Original quote.

What's to come:
~ One Piece adventure ("In planning")
~ Inuyasha story
~ Story with girl having to sit between boy's legs on toilet

FallenStar

My neck is already on the line with AnimeGirlDesp.com.   lol

Poowrite mentioned an idea as well - if Duce is willing, maybe he could make a little subsection under the AnimeGirlDesp.com domain name for Nyou Fiction and that way, no one would have to make *any* sacrifices.  What do you say, Duce, ol' buddy?

Anime Lover

Quote from: Jimmy Olsen on November 14, 2008, 05:29:15 PM
Should we start saving the stories on hard drive in case the site doesn't survive?

I thought people did that anyway, why wouldn't you have copies of your work? O_o
Total Projects: 463
Latest Project: The Benefits of Sisters
Current Project:   Show and Tell
Planned Projects: The Geelien's 12, 13

FallenStar

Quote from: Anime Lover on November 14, 2008, 10:52:10 PM
Quote from: Jimmy Olsen on November 14, 2008, 05:29:15 PM

I thought people did that anyway, why wouldn't you have copies of your work? O_o

I don't think he was talking about his own work, but of those of other writers. That being said, though, there's still the idea that some writers don't have the freedom that we do, so they write the stories, post them, then delete them off their harddrives lest other people get a hold of them.   :P

Anime Lover

well there are storage devices, like thumb-drives, CD's, heck, even diskettes (floppies) those are pretty cheap
Total Projects: 463
Latest Project: The Benefits of Sisters
Current Project:   Show and Tell
Planned Projects: The Geelien's 12, 13

FallenStar

Yeah, well... a lot of people don't know about them or don't have computers that can tolerate a lot of them - minus floppys, that is. Floppys should be cheap - if you can find any... lol