Nyou Fiction

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

My Schoolgirl Project

Started by Jimmy Olsen, June 08, 2009, 10:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmy Olsen

I like the Interactive Stories feature and have been writing a series of unrelated stories for that format, which star generic schoolgirl characters.  I haven't seen many anim?, and many of the ones I have seen are now hazy memories, so I'm looking for writers to revised these schoolgirl stories to fit into existing anim? universes.  Dr. Bones was nice enough to do this for me for what became "Kagome's Difficult Decisions," and ended up making large contributions to the story. 

I've just posted the 2nd schoolgirl story, tentatively titled "Honest Emergency," in Nyou Fiction.  Dr. Bones has told me he isn't interested in revising it, so I need to find someone else to tackle it.  Any takers?
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

Poowrite

I just read it. Great work, as always. You never cease to amaze me.

If you're still looking for anime characters to revise it into Videl strikes me as a good option, pending on how much you're willing to bend the original idea.

For example, while she never displayed any interest in being an actor she is always running off in the middle of class to battle evil. I can picture a teacher who gets fed up with her constantly leaving and decides to ban her from leaving his/her class to save the world.

Things could go from there pretty much exactly how you've written them in your story.

If you own a PS3, download the demo. Give this game a shot. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

Jimmy Olsen

Videl seems like a stretch to me.  Can you think of anyone else?

To answer your question in the review, I think people get more excited about existing characters than ones the author makes up (partly because it's easier for a girl to seem hot when you've already seen her than when you have to imagine her based on some descriptive words), and it doesn't help that my characters are mostly one-dimensional.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

Poowrite

'Fraid not. I don't really watch much anime and schoolgirl anime was never my thing.

I can't think of a single one featuring a schoolgirl who wants to be an actress  ???. Ah, well.

If you own a PS3, download the demo. Give this game a shot. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

Jimmy Olsen

We can retcon her into wanting to be an actress.  All that's required is a 7th-12th grader who's outgoing and a good student, but not so good that she wouldn't succumb to the temptation to skip class.  Come to think of it, Usagi or Minako might do, if there's someone here who has a feel for writing <i>Sailor Moon</i>.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

Poowrite

Bleh on Sailor Moon  ;D.

Obviously, that rules me out. It'd be nice to see someone finish it though. I liked how it started.

On a side note, the following character might also be able to fill the role.

Asuka Langley Soryu - If I remember correctly she was very intelligent but I wouldn't put skipping class pass her her.

Jimmy Olsen

So are there any Evangelion fans here?

I don't know it beyond what I've read in fanfics and in a brief synopsis of the storyline.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

Poowrite

I wouldn't describe myself as a fan of NGE, even though I've seen the whole series. I thought it started strong, and ended weak. But, I still think Asuka is pretty dern hawt!

I might be willing to give it a go (making your story an Interactive Story(tm)) pending on how much I was allowed to alter it. Not that I would make any large changes to the story you wrote, it would simply become one path of several. I had envisioned actually finishing it. I'm defining "finish" as adding several paths and making sure that each path ends with Asuka finding relief either in the toilet, in her panties or somewhere else altoether :P.

Jimmy Olsen

Glad you're interested in it!  Although I don't really understand your post.  You say the story I wrote "would become one path of several."  Does that mean there's a place earlier than I left off that could diverge into paths besides what I wrote?

Also, would using Asuka mean the actress element would have to be removed?  I'd be hesitant to part with that.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

Poowrite

There are several choices that can be made before yours branches off as far as I can tell.

She knows the teacher is going to be hesitant to let her go to the bathroom, maybe she should just try to hold it. Maybe the teacher refuses at first and she has to choose between trying to hold it and admiting her problem in front of the whole class. Which bathroom should she use? The nearest one might have other girls using it, maybe she should make a run for the girl's locker room for privacy. And so on and so forth :P.

But, it's all a moot point. Asuka or Videl are the only two I can think of right off the top of my head, and if you're not cool with either of them I'm at a loss. I won't torture myself (read: watch Sailor Moon) just to do it  ;D

Jimmy Olsen

Asuka's good, if no one else will work.  I don't know her character well enough to know if the actress part will work for her.

Those branching ideas are good, except for the part about holding it.  I want her to know her "situation" is too bad for her to hold it, so she makes every attempt she can to get to a bathroom (or something else she can use).  Of course one branch would have her unable to leave class and...custodian needed in room 113! :-[
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

Duce

the only girl in anime I know of where a school girl who wants to be a actress is "Akari Kouda" from the anime "High School Girls"

but besides the first of 2 eps I have not seen it.
(btw: ep 2 has a couple of the girls doing urine samples for the school Physical Exams :kawaii:)

though I bet I could find the eps online if anyone wants to watch it

Edit:
actually heres 1  place to watch it
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/video/453

I can find more places if anyone wants maybe even for the dub if needed.

Jimmy Olsen

I'll check that show out when I have more spare time, but it could be a while.

But like I said, the anime the character is from doesn't need to establish that she wants to be an actress.  Just so long as it wouldn't contradict her character for her to want to be an actress.  Like the blondes in Sailor Moon.  I don't remember either one ever wanting to be an actress, but it would be just like them (especially Minako).
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

FallenStar

Actually, Minako has proven on a couple of occasions that she *does* want to be a pop idol and actress and all that jazz.

Nobody betta lay a finger on mah girl, Hotaru, or else!  xD

Jimmy Olsen

Okay, I didn't know that (or else forgot).  But it's still clear what I meant by that example, right?
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute