3 (21.4%)
Adult Potty Training
3 (21.4%)
Femme Fatale Feces
1 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: September 29, 2010, 09:50:25 PM

OrpheumZero

Then maybe it was some quick glitch. Cause I know for sure I saw the Femme theme get 3 before the other day. Oh well. Anyway, it looks like we just need a tie breaker before the end of the day. Though I would say, if one does break the vote before end of this coming weekend, then we should default to Anything goes simply because it will be simpler in the chance that people were still on the fence about what story to go with.
"Legends are much like tapestries; they erode and fade until truth and lies become indistinguishible." - Original quote.

What's to come:
~ One Piece adventure ("In planning")
~ Inuyasha story
~ Story with girl having to sit between boy's legs on toilet

OrpheumZero

So everything but Femme and Ritual tied at 3? Well, as I suggested, if we can't get a tie breaker by the weekend, then I would say we just go with "Anything goes" since it seems like the most logical theme since it's the most diverse.
"Legends are much like tapestries; they erode and fade until truth and lies become indistinguishible." - Original quote.

What's to come:
~ Inuyasha story

Jimmy Olsen

This might be the biggest voter turnout we've ever gotten.  I agree, it should be anything goes.  If this contest is popular, the other 3 tied themes should be the options for the next contest.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

Duce

DrBones

*runs up breathlessly*

What did I miss? ???

"There was a great Teen Titans story I read on here where Raven has to teach Starfire how to use modern earth plumbing."

"That would be "Tamaranian Toilet Training" by Bones.  Great stuff."

Awww... you guys make me blush... :-[ :-[ :-[

Oh yeah, the poll... :P  I could brake the tie if people want me too, but I'd mostly just like to share my thoughts on the subject.

I agree with Jimmy and Orpheum that "Anything goes" is the most logical choice, as it has the best chance of actually generating stories, and that is the whole point of these contests.  On the other hand, I've really been in the mood for another "Potty Training" fic. lately.  I suppose nothing would stop someone from entering one with that theme in an open contest, but as Jimmy said, if it's likely to be it's own contest some time soon, people may want to save their ideas.

I'd like to say that if my chosen theme won, I would try to come up with something myself, but I'd be lying. :-X  I've just gotten into other "creative" things this summer and that's likely to continue into the fall.  I really do plan on having one more something up here before the end of the year, whether it's the Ranma thing, my Avatar story that's sat half-writer in a notebook for three years, or something else entirely. ;)

On the potty training theme, Orpheum mentioned wanting to have a list of subjects to pick from.  I have the limitation of not having seen too big of a variety of anime/manga, but I did come up with a few ideas. 

Any of the female Soul Reapers from Bleach are possibilities.  I know there's already one with Rukia along these lines, but it's more messing-centered than actually about teaching her anything (nothing wrong with that of course, just not my particular fetish. ;))  Another story that could possible be "reinterpreted" along these lines is the short with Rangiku and Orihime, with a little learning by example going on in her apartment one night.  Imagine someone as "eccentric" as Orihime trying to explain how to poop! ;D  Even if the Soul Society dose have something that serves a function like a toilet, why would it have to look or work anything like an Earth one? ???

My other idea is actually along those same lines (being another "Soul Reaper" of sorts;) Boton from Yu Yu Hakusho.  Wile the manga doesn't really make it clear if she ever had a human body before in modern times, for the sake of a fic., we could assumes she hasn't and has to be shown how living bodies work.  I can imagine a scenario where she mentions some strange feelings to Yusuke wile bringing him some information about a mission at school and he shamelessly pawns her off on poor Keiko who then has to take the grim reaper to the little girls room.  I've always wanted to read one of these set around a public restroom where both the "student" and the "teacher" could be on the toilet, going at the same time.  Maybe someone could even come in and witness a very unusual conversation. ;)  I assume that not as many people would know this series as some of the more currently popular ones, but that's something I would love to read! :kawaii:

Jimmy Olsen

I voted for Potty Training this time around.  The more I think about it, the more I want that to win.  I just hope we get entries.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

OrpheumZero

Went for Anything goes. And it looks like I tied us, again....  :P

What's to come:
~ Inuyasha story

Jimmy Olsen

So it's Anything Goes!  I've got 5 stories for the site going, and I guess I'll post whichever one I finish first.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

OrpheumZero

♫Anything goes....♫  :P

Ok, we've got the theme.... Now I just need to think of something.  :012:

What's to come:
~ Inuyasha story

Jimmy Olsen

Why not enter the microchip retrieval story?
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

livinginfinite

Quote from: Jimmy Olsen on October 04, 2010, 03:04:54 AM
Why not enter the microchip retrieval story?

Yeah Orph, why not that?

:P

Plan B

I'LL TAKE YOUR SCAT, AND YOU TOO.