Nyou Fiction

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Status Report

Started by Jimmy Olsen, October 05, 2007, 04:47:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmy Olsen

I'm told my dreams have a surprisingly clear narrative (for dreams).

I'm still trying to figure out a way to write a halfway-plausible fic about the dream I had where I was in the unisex bathroom with the bus-load of cheerleaders who were overdue for a pit stop.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

Jimmy Olsen

I'm still working on the story that was intended for Yarr's 2nd contest, but which I'm now planning to withhold until his 3rd contest begins.  Its current word count is 5,600, and I estimate the finished story will be around 12,000 words.  It should be truly epic.  8)
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

Jimmy Olsen

As you've probably noticed, I posted a brief pee fic.  Reviews, as always, are appreciated.

My epic story is still underway.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

yarr

12000  words? Sounds like a epic tale and dump indeed.

Jimmy Olsen

It will probably overshoot the 12,000 word mark by a lot.  It's currently 9,600 words, plus another 1,900 words of synopsis that I haven't converted into scenes yet.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

Poowrite

That sounds like a super long story. I look forward to reading it.

Finished reading and reviewing your short pee fic. The review boils down to "You're awesome."

If you own a PS3, download the demo. Give this game a shot. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

Jimmy Olsen

BIG NEWS:

I got a virus the other night and had to format my hard drive.

The Good News: I took steps to back up every text, image, and sound file before I did the format.

The Bad News: For reasons known only to my computer, the only text files that were actually saved were ones with file names beginning with "A" and "B."

The Consequences: My novel was in a separate folder, and seems to be fine.  My fleshed-out version of "What a Lousy Day for an Exorcism" is intact.  So are my notes for my continuations of "Dungeons and Damsels" and Anime Lover's round robin.  All my other Nyou-related work from after July 6 is gone.  This includes 4 works I was going to unveil in the not-too-distant future.

One was "Ysé Dashanto," my pseudo-mythical epic culminating in the largest bowel movement ever had by mortal woman, which I believe had just passed the 15,000 word mark.  Since two of the subplots were rewrites of earlier unfinished stories, they may be on my disc of text files from July.  All other prose, the synopsis, and the cast of characters are gone.

Another project lost was my crossover story featuring fifteen different girls using a high school restroom.  I still had a long way to go with that, but I had already completed pages and pages and featured six students and one hot teacher. 

Shorter but with much more mental energy invested was a serious sci-fi story that began with a small travel pod (with no restroom) docking on a colony ship in the middle of a trouble-frought insterstellar migration (which is an "emergency landing" as far as one of the pod's desperate passengers is concerned.  It featured extensive real-world astronomy, detailed future history, society, and technology, long and perilous bladder desperation for a borderline-Loli character, and descriptions of three different types of alien toilets being used by human females.  All of this is lost except for a few sparse handwritten notes. 

Finally, there was a "Final Fantasy" fanfic where Terra and Celes have vivid nightmares that make them awake to messy and wet (respectively) sleeping bags, only to then find themselves to be figments of the imagination of a geek girl passed out on the bed of her hotel room at a fantasy convention, whose roommate laying on the same bed (Sandy from "Never Let Kara Drive") has messed and wet her fancy cosplay outfit, soaking the other girl and almost suffocating her with stench.  This story was in an earlier stage than the others; just a synopsis plus snippets of dialog.

I may retype these stories, but have no immediate plans, and I honestly fear the time when I will fight the uphill battle of writing my tale of Ysé the Archer to its full glory, if I ever do it at all.  To have put so much work into these stories so recently, only to lose them completely, is very dispiriting.  The brief outlines I've given above may be the only lasting testament to these thousands of words and dozens of hours' worth of work.  I don't know what more to say.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

yarr

That sucks bigtime, I've had that a couple times myself. However, after last time I've got all my written material backed up on a gmail account, never lost a document since.

It might sound cheesy, but whenever I rewrite or restart a project, it ended up better then the first draft. The story's main source, the brain are immune to most computer wiruses, if nor alcohol and heavy blows..

livinginfinite

I'm really sorry to hear that, Jimmy. I've lost work to computer failures before, but nothing that substantial.

I do agree with yarr though...perhaps you should try and see what you remember just for the hell of it. Sometimes good ideas emerge that way.

DrBones

Oh God Jimmy, I'm sorry man. :001:  I can't even  imagine what that must be like.  It ruins my day when I lose one page (given it takes me almost a whole day to write one page :-[).  If that happened to me, I'd probably end up throwing my monitor across the room and punching the first person I saw in the face. >:( >:( >:(

I'd like to agree that you should try to recreate some of them as soon as possible while they're still fresh, but when you've been kicked down that hard, it's really difficult not to feel totally dejected and disgusted. :'(

I just hope you don't give up on the whole community and still at least hang around here and chat sometimes, even if you never write for us again. ^-^

Really, I don't believe this will stop you 8) and we may see some of them resurrected yet someday, but your last few lines really do sound like a memorial, so I'll just say...

R.I.P.

Jimmy Olsen's Lost Stories

We never knew ye.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

P.S.  #%^&*^%&!%$%%(^ YOU COMPUTER!! :009: :009: :008:  (That one was for Jimmy.)

OrpheumZero

That's a shame. Hopefully you can recover whatever stuff you posted on the site here.
"Legends are much like tapestries; they erode and fade until truth and lies become indistinguishible." - Original quote.

What's to come:
~ One Piece adventure ("In planning")
~ Inuyasha story
~ Story with girl having to sit between boy's legs on toilet

Jimmy Olsen

Thanks for all the support, guys.  I'll write concise plot outlines for the restroom story and the epic, but I have no current plans beyond that.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

Jimmy Olsen

I revised "By the Forest's Edge," and also posted revised versions of two brief, old stories.  All three contain characters I used in my lost high school restroom story, and thinking about those characters made me want to change and flesh out some things. 

"Forest's Edge" has by far the most changes.  The other two are more or less how they would have looked in my "Bathroom Vignettes" back when it was on the site.  If the name "Kara" sounds familiar, it's because the athletic girl in the roommate story is now the same athletic girl in "Never Let Kara Drive."

I'd like to thank Zee Phyro for rescuing my story "Near Angel." :)
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

DrBones

It's good to know you'll be trying to recreate the epic and the multi-girl story someday.  Really, those are the two off the lost list I would most liked to have seen, but I'm sure I would have enjoyed all the extensive background elements in the sci-fi story too. :(

I reread the old stories that got updated.  I'm not going to do full, formal reviews, but I will mention a few things here. 

I don't think I said it at the time, but I really enjoyed "Near Angel".  As enjoyable is as the descriptions of what Lenore is doing are, the fact that she talks about it so freely the whole time makes it especially enjoyable for me. :kawaii:  I'd love to meet a girl like that, especially because I could never actually ask to watch someone in real life. :-[  It could be a little frustrating how genuinely upset Alister is by the whole thing, but I admire you being able to write someone like that so convincingly.

I liked all the detail added to "Forest's Edge".  It feels a lot more like a proper story instead of a quick draft now.  I noticed you took out the "when I could" line that gave away the ending for me.

BTW Jimmy, I think I found your DeviantArt account today, based on the e-mail address you sent me and some of the things on the profile.  I won't mention the account name here (I try to keep this site separate from the rest of my "Internet life" myself) and I sure as hell wasn't stalking you, I just stumbled on it totally by accident wile I was looking around there. ^-^

livinginfinite

Are you sure you're going to abandon the FF6 story? I was really looking forward to that :(