Nyou Fiction

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

anyone here play Katawa shoujo?

Started by Duce, January 04, 2012, 05:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duce

it's just got it's full version released.

it's a really good VN that's different then most.

anyway was just wonder if anyone else here has played it any or anything.

EnragedFilia

Yes, I played the first part a few months ago. I liked Shizune's path best.

Duce

Quote from: EnragedFilia on January 04, 2012, 11:27:51 PM
Yes, I played the first part a few months ago. I liked Shizune's path best.

ah yeah, I haven't done Shizune yet, I did Hanako and Rin's paths on the Act 1 demo,
and I got Hanako's full path done earlier today.

and I might try Rin next she seems interesting  or maybe even Shizune next, mostly so I can see if it explains what misha's disability is lol
but I don't want to have it spoiled any I want to find out myself.

EnragedFilia

Yes, apparently Misha's condition has generated tons of speculation.

Duce

well I just did Shizune's Path it was nice

though I'm still kinda wondering about Misha lol, I sorta had a idea about her now but still not completely sure.

phil

I just downloaded the act 1 demo last night and ended up  playing it for 4 hours straight. I was just so absorbed by it. I rarely play VNs but this caught my curiosity so I thought I'd give it a try. I'm amazed, the artwork and music is beautiful and the story is heartwarming and adorable. I actually found myself connecting with the characters and delving into their back stories. Four Leaf has done a terrific job handling the subject matter. It's tasteful and respectful and doesn't resort to cliche helplessness. It makes you want to do more than just get into bed with the girls but actually form a relationship with them (wow that sound really lonesome of me... :-[ ) Anyway, bravo to Four Leaf on their terrific work.

I haven't quite focused on a specific girl yet but I'm starting to lean towards Rin because I really like her character and she's kinda cute with that squinting look she usually gives you.  :kawaii:
So yeah I'm really enjoying Katawa Shoujo and I'll probably end up playing through all the story lines.

Duce

yeah same here it's pretty much the first VN I've played in some years, (well excluding that tiny one demo thingy that been posted here)

anyways yeah I totally agree about the story and artwork and music.

and yeah I Rin is indeed cute, I might do her next.

though right now I'm on Emi, actually I'm mostly done with her, but I'm actually thinking about not going back to get her bad end, after I finish like I've done with the others cause I'm really caring for her right now, though I might do it later on afterwards.

though I dunno if I could do Rin either right now lol, with Emi and Rin together so much.

so I dunno really who to go for next, I don't really care for Lilly that much tbh

but yeah if you haven't got the full thing yet you should.

phil

I downloaded the full version yesterday and happily streamed through the first part to return to my previous progress. While I had hoped to pair up with Rin I suddenly ended up with Emi. At first I thought "Damn I hope I get a chance to change." But I was swayed the instant I saw the pillow fight scene  :kawaii: :kawaii: my heart freaking melted. So now I'm definitely going to finish Emi's story and then maybe try to go for Rin. I haven't progressed very far from that but I'm looking forward to it. It's a great time killer especially since you can save at any time.

Duce

yeah Emi really got to me too, but yeah once you get set on a girl in act 1 you stay with her for the other 3 acts.
the rest of the choices give more/less dialog/scenes and of course the good or bad end

so far Emi seems to have a decent amount of choices for after act1 unlike my last girl Shizune.

but yeah I usually just save at the choices or when I get off. that way I get the other parts too.

phil

I've started getting deeper into the game. I finished the Emi storyline with the good ending and I really enjoyed it. Emis back story was rather emotional and her eventual confiding in Hisao was well done. Having completed that I replayed to go for the girl I originally intended, Rin.

Spoiler warning for whoever doesn't want to know what happens.

I really have to say that Rins story was a gigantic mindfuck. On several occasions I couldn't tell if she was happy or sad and found myself slowly re-reading her dialogue. When I finally finished the game I was surprised by the ending. Rin leaves Hisao to study art in Tokyo with a simple goodbye. I was confused so I ask other players about it and apparently that was the "good" ending. I backtracked and read some of the specific dialogue again and the story started to make sense again as I understood what was going on in Rins life. Overall her story left me drained, disheartened and with a slight headache but still content with my result. After Emis rather straightforward story I guess I was caught off by the depth of Rins. My hat goes off to whoever wrote it.

Now I'm going through Hanakos story and so far of the three I've done this one is my favourite. I like the ups and down of her struggling with her shyness. When it seems that al the hard work has failed she slowly learns to pick herself up and I was amazed that she opens up to Hisao so early about her past. Plus the fact that she's very similar to Hinata is a plus. After I finish Hanako I'll move on to Lily because I have a save file at the moment you choose between following Hanako and Lily so there's less backtracking.

I'm surprised with how much this game has absorbed me. After I'm completely finished I might look for similar VNs.

Duce

I haven't done Rin yet but I'm pretty sure Rin's story was mainly written by Aura

and yeah I find Hanako to be one of the cutest for some reason. Also I really find her good end last cg to be cute.
btw Hanako has 3 endings good, bad and neutral.

phil

Yeah. I first ended up with Hanakos neutral ending and thought "wait that's not right, it ended to quickly" so I replayed the phone call from Lily and chose the other option. The story went deeper then and at first I thought I was headed for the bad ending with the way they were interacting but luckily the last scene tied up all the loose ends and made for a wonderful happy ending and I totally agree with you on the CG, very heart warming.

Duce

I actually did Rin's path a couple weeks ago and I dunno why you was told that is the good end, it's not, its the neutral end, (well to me it just felt like a bad end) actually the bad end felt less bad in a way to me anyways

but you can tell if you got the good end if the vid of the art of the girl plays in the credits.

actually I think Rins GOOD end is my favorite in it. actually her last line made me cry actually I was already crying because of the last CG, but the last line really done it to me. even now it makes me teary just thinking about it.

funny I was teary with Hanako and Emi but I didn't actually cry with them. actually I don't think I have ever actually done that on a story,show, etc. at least in a long time   so yeah Rin's special I think.