Nyou Fiction

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Corruption of Champions

Started by OrpheumZero, April 22, 2013, 12:14:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OrpheumZero

Recently I decided to give that little game a whirl, and found it to be quite entertaining. Being able to have a female character lay eggs and the like is pretty nice. Though I do have to say it's kind of sad that it's all pretty much dicks and eggs, with little else. Apparently, the creator hates most other fetishes, and won't even give tamer examples a chance.

But it got me thinking, this would be a cool idea for that game stuff we sometimes discuss. Granted, this would be heavily text-based, not unlike Poowrite's Kwest years back, just without the pixel parts, unless we could find a way to play something like that into it.
"Legends are much like tapestries; they erode and fade until truth and lies become indistinguishible." - Original quote.

What's to come:
~ One Piece adventure ("In planning")
~ Inuyasha story
~ Story with girl having to sit between boy's legs on toilet

UndeadRiot

Man, this makes me wish I could turn my forgotten idea, The Ultimate Crossover into a Fan-Made Video Game. For those who don't know, The Ultimate Crossover was a Fic Series I was planning to write last year that included everything from Video Games, to Movies, to Books, etc. It's still a cool idea, though, you have to admit.
"Ja, Dempsey, family reunions are often stressfull." -Edward A. Richtofen, quote from Call Of Duty: Zombies Mode. "Tomorrow comes today." -Gorillaz, quote from the song Tomorrow Comes Today from their first album.

OrpheumZero

Eh, sounds kinda iffy. Good cross-overs require making all the contents blend well, else it's just a "clusterfuck" as they call it.
"Legends are much like tapestries; they erode and fade until truth and lies become indistinguishible." - Original quote.

What's to come:
~ Inuyasha story

UndeadRiot

I never knew they called them Clusterfucks if the contents didn't blend well.
"Ja, Dempsey, family reunions are often stressfull." -Edward A. Richtofen, quote from Call Of Duty: Zombies Mode. "Tomorrow comes today." -Gorillaz, quote from the song Tomorrow Comes Today from their first album.

OrpheumZero

I really think this would be a cool idea to go with. Not to mention it might give us a way to figure out if the RPG we've thought about before would work or not. By doing just a text-based game, we'd at least have more freedom to just describe things.

Now of course we'd have to find someone who knows how to work a program like the same one used in CoC, since it seems very stable from what I've played (read: few mess ups and great loading/transitions). Then we would need someone who can do proofreading for all the paths and options, since everyone has a particular style, and would have to be tweaked so all the pieces link up seamlessly. I'd imagine Jimmy might be up for that, as he's always had a good idea for spotting mistakes.

What's to come:
~ Inuyasha story

Poowrite

I've never heard of this. I can't say I'm a huge fan of all (any of?) the fetishes, but the idea itself is pretty cool. I've always wanted to do something like that, but I feel like I can never think of enough content to make it interesting for more than five or six minutes :P.

If you own a PS3, download the demo. Give this game a shot. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

OrpheumZero

Nice to see you again, Poowrite. Been a while.

As for CoC, it's got a decent range of fetishes. There's birth, egg-laying, impregnation (of course), transformation, expansion, muscles, fat, shortstacks (short girls, like midgets, or Midna for example), and of course.... furry.

I would say, if we were to try and tackle something like it, to try and incorporate a good range of stuff, so that it's got a little for everyone, as opposed to CoC which does seem to stray mostly to furry first and foremost (the guy who made it is pretty much in their pocket).

What's to come:
~ Inuyasha story

Poowrite

I'm around, I usually lurk the forums.

Anyway, I think you're right. A wide range of fetishes would probably be the way to go, if for no other reason that it's easier to create content if you have a lot of options :).

If you own a PS3, download the demo. Give this game a shot. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

OrpheumZero

Precisely. It's just a matter of figuring which things to stay away from (so as not to get the wrong attention), and how to implement everything in a way that could either be avoidable by players who don't want to see it, or toggled on/off.

What's to come:
~ Inuyasha story

Poowrite

Which things to stay away from? Which kind of attention would a project like this want to avoid?

A fetish toggle is an interesting idea. Might appeal to more people that way.

OrpheumZero

Obviously things like kids and animals.

What's to come:
~ Inuyasha story

OrpheumZero

Too bad this didn't take off. But I guess it's to be expected after the numerous attempts in the past with some kind of RPG game. Though really I think the big issue is that we need to find willing and like-minded people who know a lot about programming to ensure something really got off the ground for once.

What's to come:
~ Inuyasha story