Nyou Fiction

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

I think it's time I step out....

Started by Waru, June 25, 2013, 08:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waru

I mean, BESIDES the fact that I don't visit here... there's barely anything TO visit here!

I'm sorry, but to only see one poorly-written (and poorly tagged) fic in a month (A Lois Griffin "Weight-gain" [cramming food in one shot causes abdominal distension, not weight gain]/Panty shitting/fart fic.... really? Really?), my love for this place has died. I remember back what the Admin (Does Duce even come here anymore?) of this board would help to keep the ball rolling, and others had the drives and self-motivations to make their own stuff. As for me? I've got too much on my plate with packing well over 240 boxes of stuff (3 person house) to move back to NY to bother with a fic I need to strain my brain over to make it just right, when even then it's pointless because... well... ONE (mediocre) FIC MADE A MONTH, IF THAT! This time, one guy CAN'T make a difference!

As for the pics: Sorry, but I can easily get my fix on Pixiv, exhentai, and sometimes gurochan... plus the vids I can sometimes get from some tube-esque sites (though proper toi voy vids that aren't too short or too pixelated are rare).

I'm sorry guys, I don't WANT to leave here, but there's honestly nothing to keep me coming back here. Maybe when more than one measly person bothers to advertise us in the right places, and people decide to make fics and/or commit to continuing unfinished ones, and even some artists who love the topic wanna let lose and express themselves (instead of being prudish/shy/blasé/total no-shows)... MAYBE I'll come back.

Until then, this damn site is a corpse on life-support.
I'm not bothering with fics, since one person clearly CAN'T make a difference, here.

EnragedFilia

This conclusion makes perfect sense if you:
A: consider 3 stories in the past month to the same thing as 1 story in the past month
B: presume that your own contribution would be even less than said (single-digit number) of stories per month
C: conclude that this smaller potential contribution of yours would make "no difference", evidently in a similarly non-numerical fashion.

In any event, I prefer to think of the site as a hibernating bear. That state of affairs is no less active, strictly speaking, than that of your metaphorical corpse, but a deal less permanent.

UndeadRiot

I know I already posted this on the Message Board, but, I just can't believe this is happening. I only knew Waru for nine months, and he helped me out when I first joined this Site. I'll never forget that. See ya', man, be safe. You were a good friend.
"Ja, Dempsey, family reunions are often stressfull." -Edward A. Richtofen, quote from Call Of Duty: Zombies Mode. "Tomorrow comes today." -Gorillaz, quote from the song Tomorrow Comes Today from their first album.

Waru

I also don't consider 3 stories in the past month to be something to cheer about, either. I figure, at minimum... 7-9... is ideal for the minimum.

And Undead... I'll come every few months... how's THAT sound?
I'm not bothering with fics, since one person clearly CAN'T make a difference, here.

UndeadRiot

Sounds good, man.
"Ja, Dempsey, family reunions are often stressfull." -Edward A. Richtofen, quote from Call Of Duty: Zombies Mode. "Tomorrow comes today." -Gorillaz, quote from the song Tomorrow Comes Today from their first album.

OrpheumZero

I think you should just take a little break. Saying "shoo" or anything, but maybe just take a hiatus from here. In the meantime, I will do what I can to help get some life going again. And I'm sure our buddy Duce will do the same.
"Legends are much like tapestries; they erode and fade until truth and lies become indistinguishible." - Original quote.

What's to come:
~ One Piece adventure ("In planning")
~ Inuyasha story
~ Story with girl having to sit between boy's legs on toilet