Nyou Fiction

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Anime for someone who's given up on anime

Started by Micro, January 16, 2008, 08:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duce

I've seen some of Spiral myself I watch it on G4(though I think it was TechTV back then), but then it was always reruns so I never finish it, but for what I seen I liked it,

as for oban star racers, I really liked it the first time I watched it, I wouldn't mind reading a fic on it, but I'm not much for watching it again.

yarr

Rewatching Cowboy Bebop never fails. Also if you manage to get hold of all the 95 kenshin episodes and the first 4 part OVA its defenetly a winner. Although long and almost dbz'esque in the filler episodes thrown at you, it is actually the only show besides bebop and eva that made me care for the characters.  :kawaii:

Omnipresent

Lets see, anime I loved in 2007...Obviously Death Note has been mentioned, I also really enjoyed The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzimiya.  If you were a fan of Azumanga Diaoh you will probably enjoy Haruhi, it has some nonsensical, quirky jokes to it (as well as a wonderful Pheonix Wright reference) but the series is actually quite clever.  I thought Code Geass had a great first season, it puts an interesting slant on the mecha genre and has a real dark side.  The second season of Genshiken came out this past year, which if you haven't watched the first I highly recommend it.  Genshiken is sort of a comedy/slice of life anime about anime fans, its wonderful to just watch and revel in being a geek.  Another series in that genre I enjoyed was Nodame Cantibelle, follows the characters lives as students in a musical academy and I thought it had good and believable character development and it gave me a new appreciation for classical music.  Getting back to more action oriented shows, Claymore was excellent and at times very brutal.  If you liked Gundam Wing I suggest checking out the new Gundam series Gundam 00, it takes the political intrigue typical of Gundam to the next level (As well as having an assortment of bad ass gundams...).  One last thing I really enjoyed but I'm not sure I'd recommend it to everyone is Zombie Loan.  To me Zombie Loan had all the elements of a quintessential B rated horror flick but with the charm and style of an anime.  If you're a fan of cheesy old horror flicks I strongly suggest you give Zombie Loan a try.  Thats all I can think of for now, I'm sure there is more that I'm forgetting but those are my favorites of 2007.