Nyou Fiction

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Did the other site explode?

Started by Omnipresent, March 15, 2008, 03:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Omnipresent

Is there a reason I haven't been able to access http://www.anonib.com/_nyou2 for a few days, did it just die?  Is it working for anyone else or does anyone know what happened?

FallenStar

They were DDoS'ed BADLY.

The guy tried to ban certain countries' IP addresses, but if it's still down, it means he's still getting DDoS'ed

Nobody betta lay a finger on mah girl, Hotaru, or else!  xD

JManime

Sry but i'm not that computer savy wut does DDoS'ed mean and is there any this can be fixed

FallenStar

It's basically making lots of connections to server all at once. It's overloading the server and using up resources. Its very effective with enough machines.  A low end DDoS will eat up resources like bandwidth. But even if you firewall all the IP's - if there are enough connections made the firewall is just overloaded.

I know the guy tried to block certain countries' IPs, trying to fix the problem, but apparently, they either got around that and crashed the server(s) or we've all be banned temporarily while he tries to resolve the problem.

JManime

wow that sux why would someone do this (besides the fact that they half no life at all)

FallenStar

'cause they're sick sadistic bastards.  :|

Omnipresent

They were DDoS'ed? Wow, I thought a website like that was obscure enough to stay off the radar.  Guess not, but it seems to work now and hopefully it wont happen again.

FallenStar

Sweet! They're back!  *dances a jig*

Duce

OrpheumZero

That's the second time someone attacked Nyou. Hell, the dd-thing-a-ma-bob was what killed the original Fiction site if I'm not mistaken. Thank god it didn't kill the board this time around.
"Legends are much like tapestries; they erode and fade until truth and lies become indistinguishible." - Original quote.

What's to come:
~ One Piece adventure ("In planning")
~ Inuyasha story
~ Story with girl having to sit between boy's legs on toilet

FallenStar

The attack wasn't at Nyou2 in particular but all of AnonIB, so I kinda think this was just collateral damage.

Also, this forum and the fiction site are hosted on a different server, so that if Nyou2 ever goes down for any reason, this forum and the fiction area are safe.