Nyou Fiction

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

My official thread of.... things I do.

Started by OrpheumZero, July 02, 2008, 10:31:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmy Olsen

10 pages?  I'd be surprised if that's more than 7,000 words.  Send it on over when you're done, if you don't mind the proofreading taking a while.

Just to clarify, do you want me to just fix the spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors, or actually revise/rewrite/expand it?
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

OrpheumZero

Whatever you feel would help improve it. I'm basically writing it to the best of my abilities considering I'm not too that good at doing choatic things like this. If you feel any parts need expanding, you can add in parts, or just leave notes in the spaces between paragraphs. Right now I'm only on page 3, but should be done in a while, either later tonight or early tomorrow. We'll just have to wait and see how it comes along I guess.  :P
"Legends are much like tapestries; they erode and fade until truth and lies become indistinguishible." - Original quote.

What's to come:
~ One Piece adventure ("In planning")
~ Inuyasha story
~ Story with girl having to sit between boy's legs on toilet

OrpheumZero

Well it should only be a few more days before Jimmy finishes proofreading my newest story.  ;D Stay tuned!
"Legends are much like tapestries; they erode and fade until truth and lies become indistinguishible." - Original quote.

What's to come:
~ Inuyasha story

OrpheumZero

Just posted "Deadline" the long awaited story based on that "Multitasker" picture.

Jimmy should be recognized as co-author, having helped proofread and add a chock full of additional content.

What's to come:
~ Inuyasha story

Jimmy Olsen

I'd love to hear what you think of my additions.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

OrpheumZero

It's posted now.

Looks like everything is finally working out.

Anyway. I did like the extened parts, though I will say some felt a little tacked on, like you could (well, me really) see where your stuff was switching back to what I had done. Otherwise it was pretty funny stuff.

What's to come:
~ Inuyasha story

Jimmy Olsen

I just looked, and the version you posted is one of my earlier drafts.  There are some sentences with missing words, and pieces of dialog where I was confused about which person was talking.  Can you please post the latest version I sent you?  Also, there's a tag that will let you center the title etc.

And yeah, I got the name "Chisa" from Saikano.  I wouldn't care if you changed it.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

OrpheumZero

What tag is that?

Anyway, it's been reposted. I still included some of the edits I made as well.

What's to come:
~ Inuyasha story

Jimmy Olsen

It still has the mistakes.  Maybe I sent you the wrong version.  Here, I'll send the fully corrected version, with the centering tags added.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

OrpheumZero

What mistakes? Looks like everything was there this time. I still had to change the commas and space a few sentences but otherwise it looks right as ever.

What's to come:
~ Inuyasha story

Jimmy Olsen

There are a lot of different embarrassing mistakes.  The dialog is screwed up in 2 places, because I lost track of which character was talking.  There's a part about the printer in the wrong spot, long before she tries to print the paper.  Just a lot of things like that.  Please put up the one I sent you last night.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

OrpheumZero

Which lines exactly? I'd hate to have to go through another copy and do my adjustments all over again for a third time.

What's to come:
~ Inuyasha story

Jimmy Olsen

I made a lot of changes throughout.  It would take me forever to locate them all. 
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

OrpheumZero

Maybe some other time. I'm pretty sure I covered any immediate myself in the present version.

What's to come:
~ Inuyasha story

Jimmy Olsen

What changes did you make?

I really think you should put up the corrected version.  There are serious problems that affect the clarity, and it's bothering me.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute