Nyou Fiction

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Bad News

Started by Duce, July 18, 2009, 01:52:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duce

Bad news, hosting is being dropped on this site :'(, I'm going to do a backup of everything here soon.

Anime Lover

well that sucks, any chance of a new site?
Total Projects: 463
Latest Project: The Benefits of Sisters
Current Project:   Show and Tell
Planned Projects: The Geelien's 12, 13

Duce

Quote from: Anime Lover on July 18, 2009, 02:38:46 AM

yes it indeed sucks very much, and I have no idea so far about a new site, I'm going to have to look around.

FallenStar

Quote from: Anime Lover on July 18, 2009, 02:38:46 AM

Duce is tech admin at my site; if he can come up with a subdomain or something, it might be possible to keep things going but as it is, I can barely afford the money needed for my own domain and hosting.

And I'm not that happy about the situation either, but...  =/

EDIT: another idea would be for someone to give me 10 dollars for a new domain name which I can host through my account on Dreamhost that I just got. If you have a domain name, then if I understand things correctly, pretty much everything can be just as it was.

Nobody betta lay a finger on mah girl, Hotaru, or else!  xD

OrpheumZero

I hope things don't get too hectic. I like this set up here. It's easy to use and all that. Damn it, why do they keep killing OUR sites?
"Legends are much like tapestries; they erode and fade until truth and lies become indistinguishible." - Original quote.

What's to come:
~ One Piece adventure ("In planning")
~ Inuyasha story
~ Story with girl having to sit between boy's legs on toilet

FallenStar

An update for you guys:

Duce is looking into getting a subdomain under my domain and if he can get that for free, there will be absolutely nothing different about the site other than the URL.  =D

OrpheumZero

That's good. I mean, that other site we were using before this one just sucked. I can't remember what it was called. But the layout was horrible. You post like 4 stories, and it was nearly impossible to find any that were posted before the newer ones. Not to mention the lack of a solid review mechanism.

Oh well. At least we're prepared this time so it's not like everyone is gonna lose all their work like the first site.
"Legends are much like tapestries; they erode and fade until truth and lies become indistinguishible." - Original quote.

What's to come:
~ Inuyasha story

FallenStar

Quote from: OrpheumZero on July 19, 2009, 09:32:42 AM
That's good. I mean, that other site we were using before this one just sucked. I can't remember what it was called. But the layout was horrible. You post like 4 stories, and it was nearly impossible to find any that were posted before the newer ones. Not to mention the lack of a solid review mechanism.

Oh well. At least we're prepared this time so it's not like everyone is gonna lose all their work like the first site.

Actually, everything's already done. Duce moved over the site between last night and today.   ;D

Now you guys owe me 50 bucks.   :P

DrBones

So everything is going to be ok now? ???  Disaster averted... Great! ;D  I don't know if I've ever said this, but thank you Duce and Fallen for all that you do. :004:  (*starts passing hat around*)

The good thing is, this little scare finally lit a fire under my lazy butt to save copies of my reviews and some of my favorite Forum threads like Indecent Proposals (you can thank me later Orpheum. ;) ;D)

OrpheumZero

Good. I had thought something was odd when I had to sign-in *since I haven't logged off since the site first came back*. But that's good to know. I could stand the picture site failing again for a while, given that 2chan has a decent scat thread that appears once in a blue moon *even though I think they're blocking outside of Japan users from posting* and obviously gurochan is good every now and then when the idiots are 4channing.

Guess we may as well lock this thread up and bump it down.

What's to come:
~ Inuyasha story

Jimmy Olsen

I'm glad to hear the disaster was averted.  I was ready to save my favorite stories in case the worst happened.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

livinginfinite

Thanks for saving the day Star. I like this URL a lot better actually, I never really could spell out the old one.

FallenStar

No prob. I'm just glad I had 60 bucks on hand.  xD