Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

credits system

Started by Duce, August 11, 2009, 02:00:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OrpheumZero

Quote from: Duce on August 12, 2009, 04:09:25 PM
and yeah I didn't realize the monster encounters things until a couple months ago.  I could probably look into adding more rpg-like stuff anyone wants

It would be pretty cool, like whenever someone is bored, they fight monster *which we could all chip in creative names* For example, a giantess appears, and for goofy humor, she could poop on you *instant 9000 damage done!  :P* But this would make for another fun way for people to earn credits, granted maybe not as much as a story *at least not as quick* but that way, people who want a commission, but don't do much can earn the necessary amount to make the request. And it'd be fun to level up in a simple rpg way. Granted, most of us regulars would probably already be nearly lv. 10 or more *Anime Lover alone would be nearly 20 with the amount of stuff he's done!  :-[*
"Legends are much like tapestries; they erode and fade until truth and lies become indistinguishible." - Original quote.

What's to come:
~ One Piece adventure ("In planning")
~ Inuyasha story
~ Story with girl having to sit between boy's legs on toilet

Micro

Since this topic has died down, let's do something to liven it up a bit.

There's been some talk about offering commissions, but I'm not sure if anyone has actually agreed to participate. So, if not, I'll be the first. However, since it takes me forever to finish a story, I'd rather offer to do art commissions.

I guess we should try to decide whether there will be a set "fee" for commissions, or if artists and writers will just determine their own fees. What does everyone think?

livinginfinite

Well, if I had to name a price for my art it'd be two pictures for one story. Or like...one picture with two characters in it. However...I don't know if I'd want to do art for non-story goods. :P

Micro

I know there's not much of anything to do with gold at the moment, but the more people who offer their work in exchange for gold, the more useful it will be. And, if people find out they can get commissions for gold, maybe that will encourage more forum participation (and story reviews, if Duce gets it set up where writing reviews gets you gold).

Of course, I'd be willing to do art and story trades, as well. But I'm specifically looking for suggestions as to what people think would be fair prices for art in gold.

OrpheumZero

Well a nice trade certainly would be two pics for a story, and some gold to to the artist as well. For straight commisions *somebody wanting a story* I would guess maybe a 100 gold for the set-up then from there an agreement can be made for other things *suggestions, certain plot details, etc*.

But yea, gold for every review would certainly get the lazier/nonactive members up and running when they realize that they can then request a story through gold exchange.
"Legends are much like tapestries; they erode and fade until truth and lies become indistinguishible." - Original quote.

What's to come:
~ Inuyasha story

Duce

well right now the gold/credits are a bit unstable(too easy to get and stuff) with the battle system.
but I think I will most likely split it up, so theres 2 sets of money, site & battle,  may the the site money nyo coins or something like that, and later on there be a way to exchange one for the other.

OrpheumZero

Quote from: Duce on September 19, 2009, 11:16:58 PM
well right now the gold/credits are a bit unstable(too easy to get and stuff) with the battle system.
but I think I will most likely split it up, so theres 2 sets of money, site & battle,  may the the site money nyo coins or something like that, and later on there be a way to exchange one for the other.

Yea, that could work. Battle Gold (or just Gold) and Nyou points (or coins) would work.

What's to come:
~ Inuyasha story

Duce

I worked on the fiction part of site with the points a lot yesterday, so now it makes a note of how much you get when you post a fic or review, also points for reviews working now too!

so post Reviews to the fics, like maybe my fics lol

OrpheumZero

NO!  :P Just kidding, of course I'll review whatever you got.

Hopefully this'll get some of the lurkers in gear since I'm sure plenty of 'em would love to make requests with Micro and LivingInfinate.

What's to come:
~ Inuyasha story

Duce

well now I've it working for the Interactive Stories!

Quote from: OrpheumZero on October 21, 2009, 10:25:52 PM
NO!  :P Just kidding, of course I'll review whatever you got.

Hopefully this'll get some of the lurkers in gear since I'm sure plenty of 'em would love to make requests with Micro and LivingInfinate.

actually I think your the only one that actually have reviewed my fics
btw I'm thinking about posting a chapter to a fic I've been working on.

it's actually the second part of the very first fic I ever did.

FallenStar

As much as I like Duce for what he does, I have a hard time thinking of him as a fanfic writer. xD   :P

Nobody betta lay a finger on mah girl, Hotaru, or else!  xD

Duce

FallenStar

Quote from: Duce on October 22, 2009, 03:42:36 AM
lol whys that?

^ that's a good example right there.  But to be honest, I see you as a "Man behind the scenes" sorta guy... not someone who actually appears on camera. 

Too many years, I think, of seeing you work techie stuff.   :P

Nobody betta lay a finger on mah girl, Hotaru, or else!  xD

OrpheumZero

Quote from: Duce on October 21, 2009, 11:53:26 PM
well now I've it working for the Interactive Stories!
actually I think your the only one that actually have reviewed my fics
btw I'm thinking about posting a chapter to a fic I've been working on.
it's actually the second part of the very first fic I ever did.

Wait. A follow-up to Binding Desperation? That'd be pretty awesome, since it's proably one of the best featuring Rika/Ruki since well... heck I think I'm the only other person to use Rika in a story. :P

What's to come:
~ Inuyasha story

Duce

Quote from: OrpheumZero on October 22, 2009, 09:39:15 PM
Wait. A follow-up to Binding Desperation? That'd be pretty awesome, since it's proably one of the best featuring Rika/Ruki since well... heck I think I'm the only other person to use Rika in a story. :P

well thanks but actually it's part of a follow-up to a different fic, I lost it a long time ago, though it was more of a short prologue than a fic really and not really needed.
though I probably could use some help grammar and format.