Previous topic - Next topic

crystal

anyone here have Asperger's?

I do. I'm asking cause I think theres a few around here that do

Plan B

I'LL TAKE YOUR SCAT, AND YOU TOO.

Duce

OrpheumZero

Probably not. My mother always said we had weird brains (large in front, small in back) and because of the way their wired, we come off as strange to others. We're more cynical, but about to grasp the real situation instead of letting emotion immediately get in the way, we're focused to the point of almost losing track of our surroundings, and we do have weird hearing problems, except we hear subsonics better than supersonics.

In any case, I'd have to say no for me.  :P
"Legends are much like tapestries; they erode and fade until truth and lies become indistinguishible." - Original quote.

What's to come:
~ One Piece adventure ("In planning")
~ Inuyasha story
~ Story with girl having to sit between boy's legs on toilet

Quagmire

"Huh huh huh, she said 'ass burgers...'"

Hmm, I don't, at least not that I know of...!

SharkBait

Quote from: OrpheumZero on October 17, 2010, 05:56:48 PM
Probably not. My mother always said we had weird brains (large in front, small in back) and because of the way their wired, we come off as strange to others. We're more cynical, but about to grasp the real situation instead of letting emotion immediately get in the way, we're focused to the point of almost losing track of our surroundings, and we do have weird hearing problems, except we hear subsonics better than supersonics.

In any case, I'd have to say no for me.  :P

Hah, this made me laugh for some reason. Something about Orpheum's mother calling him weird... :P

I don't have Aspergers, but I have Tourettes and a whole host of odd neurological/psychological conditions. Do I get a consolation prize?

bored

I'm the same as sharkbait. God that's wierd!

packrat

I suppose I do have it, or at least a mild version of it.  When I looked it up on Wikipedia, I found that a lot of the things that they said were symptoms of Asperger's were things I'd been doing all my life in some way, shape, or form.  It may just be coincidence, but it would make a lot of my weird thought processes make sense.
I joined this forum because I wanted to do something I never thought I'd say I wanted to do:  READ!

yarr

packrat

I joined this forum because I wanted to do something I never thought I'd say I wanted to do:  READ!

livinginfinite

Quote from: yarr on November 19, 2010, 06:46:16 PM
Apparently very not.

http://www.piepalace.ca/blog/asperger-test-aq-test/

22 for me. Sounds about right...always figured I was just a loner, not actually autistic. Though I was expecting one of the questions to be 'have you played Final Fantasy a trillion times'. :P

Anonymous_1

I have it. I am surprised to see many here with it too. Maybe there is a connection?  :P

I decided to take that test and I got 37. I know it is not an official test, but helps confirm I do have it. lol

OrpheumZero

23. Not bad. My mother always did say we probably would come off as autistic or mentally impaired in some way to others because of our unique brain shape. Of course, most intelligent people are crazy/weird/strange or have some kind of quirk.
"Legends are much like tapestries; they erode and fade until truth and lies become indistinguishible." - Original quote.

What's to come:
~ One Piece adventure ("In planning")
~ Inuyasha story
~ Story with girl having to sit between boy's legs on toilet

Bacchus

I dont think I have it, but the considering the amount of people claiming they have it in this thread, I'm also starting to think there IS a connection between the syndrom and the fetishes in here, or perhaps all fetishes. But go figure it out...

I'm gonna take that test... (EDIT: I did and apparently I'm a 'math contest winner', which is curious since I dont like math)

smittyjenson

I have autism (Autistic Spectrum Disorder - ASD), but I'm part of an Asperger's group and they're okay with that. I hope you're okay with that, too.