Nyou Fiction

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

My official thread of.... things I do.

Started by OrpheumZero, July 02, 2008, 10:31:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OrpheumZero

Actually I was able to get something for that. But thanks anyway. Just wish the site wasn't so dead lately, lol
"Legends are much like tapestries; they erode and fade until truth and lies become indistinguishible." - Original quote.

What's to come:
~ One Piece adventure ("In planning")
~ Inuyasha story
~ Story with girl having to sit between boy's legs on toilet

Duce

Quote from: OrpheumZero on May 16, 2010, 10:09:12 PM
Actually I was able to get something for that. But thanks anyway. Just wish the site wasn't so dead lately, lol

yeah I wish it was more active too.

OrpheumZero

While I don't normally fish for ideas here in regards to my works on FF.net, I'm feeling more inclined since the forums theres have barely proven to be any help or the ones on Deviantart. Seriously, WHY THE FUCK IS SO WRONG FOR ME TO ASK ABOUT SONG TITLES?!? >:( >:( >:( >:( All I want are some good song, album, or bands names for chapter names, and yet all I get in response is "hurr durrrr. why are you asking that here... how does this relate to workshop writting? durrrr ddurrrrr" God damn, does anyone have a fucking knowledge of music anymore or I am just fucking insane and think that others know?....

:-[.... Calming down. Now what I've been trying to look for are names of songs to use in a long-running fanfiction I'm doing. Much like the episodes of Cowboy Bebop, each chapter is named after a song (though one is named after an album and another a genre of music), and what I like to look for are ones that can relate to each chapter. An example is the first chaper titled "Boy meets Girl", which has been used as a song name for years, and also fits with the fact that the main character wakes up to see a girl tending to his injuries. Now the latest chapter is meant to take place in a desert and even have a scene at an oasis. What I'm looking for is a song that would fit with the theme of the chapter (sand, hot, oasis, exotic, etc), but the only tune I can think of is "Desert Rose" by Sting. While I'm not totally against using that, I just thought maybe I'd fish around for ideas.

At least here I know I'm not gonna get badgered by fucking idiots.
"Legends are much like tapestries; they erode and fade until truth and lies become indistinguishible." - Original quote.

What's to come:
~ Inuyasha story

yarr

Hurr...  :xm0014: :009: :008: :005:

"Walk like an Egyptian"

HURRR DURR

DERKA HERP DERRRPPP   :005: :015: :012: :009: :009: :poop:

Joke aside, there is a song on the cowboy bebop soundtrack that fits that description perfectly, can't think of the name right now. Think it's in one of the early episodes.

OrpheumZero

Quote from: yarr on July 29, 2010, 09:09:14 PM
Hurr...  :xm0014: :009: :008: :005:

"Walk like an Egyptian"

HURRR DURR

DERKA HERP DERRRPPP   :005: :015: :012: :009: :009: :poop:

Joke aside, there is a song on the cowboy bebop soundtrack that fits that description perfectly, can't think of the name right now. Think it's in one of the early episodes.

*Swinging mallet over shoulder* Hmm, you mean Mushroom Samba? That's all I can I recall of Cowboy Bebop involving a dersert theme.

What's to come:
~ Inuyasha story

Jimmy Olsen

This is a cool idea.  I'm going something similar with the novel I'm writing.  There's a character in it known as "the Foreigner," and every chapter featuring him is named after a Foreigner album.

Anyway, here are some off the top of my head.

~Silver Sands (Stereolab)
~Every Grain of Sand (Bob Dylan)
~Sand in My Shoes (Dido)
~Sand in My Eyes (Miss B. Haven)
~Sandstorm (Darude)
~Déserts (Edgard Varèse)
~Looking for Water (David Bowie)
~Rio (Duran Duran)
~Rio Grande Moon (the Memphis Rockabilly Band)
~Frantic Desolation (Sopwith Camel)
~Cactus (Black Francis)
~The Dark of the Sun (Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers)
~Melting in the Sun (E.L.O.)
~Burning (O.M.D.)
~Slow Burn (David Bowie)
~Walkin' on the Sun (Smash Mouth)
~Weather the Weather (the Postmarks)
~Unusual Heat (Foreigner)
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

OrpheumZero

Nice. Thanks for the list. I just don't know what people were getting my face about. Someone said something about the syntax, but I don't see how "You see, I'm looking for song titles to use as chapter names. I like for each to have some relation to the chapter." Doesn't seem that confusing to me... Anyway.

But definately a nice selection. I would use those official music databases, but how do you search for dozens of songs that may only share loose connections like 'sand' 'oasis' 'hot' or something like that? Far as I know, most search engines run off keywords that either find related bands or song titles, not the possible themes they have. I mean, all songs can be interpreted in different ways. Like the song "Forgotten" by Linkin' Park. To most, it may sound like a song about someone whose been neglected or shunned by the people they care about. To me? I actually spun out the narrative for my next novel about a kid whose resented by his peers and runs away to a world of shadow.

What's to come:
~ Inuyasha story

OrpheumZero

I guess while I'm at it I should mention that chapter 9 of the story is temporarily named "Splitting up", which is by some group called Adequate 7 or something. While not a bad song named, as the chapter will largely focus on (at least for the initial act) a band member leaving his friends to pursue a solo career. Now of course an obvious choice could be "Breaking up is hard to do" but I'm sure I'm probably missing a ton of possible references.

By the way, I should mention this fanfic is based on the game Steambot Chronicles.

Also, I'm (finally) starting work on that 'Multitasker' fic with the girl trying to take a dump, eat something, and do a report all at once. I figured what I'll do is write it out, then see if someone here can do a proofread to fine-tune it.

What's to come:
~ Inuyasha story

Jimmy Olsen

I'm glad to hear about the multitasker story!  ^-^

As for the chapter titles, I'd do a keyword search if I were you.  It's better than nothing.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

OrpheumZero

Quote from: Jimmy Olsen on July 30, 2010, 03:35:42 PM
I'm glad to hear about the multitasker story!  ^-^

As for the chapter titles, I'd do a keyword search if I were you.  It's better than nothing.

If you're interested in doing the proofread, just give me the word. I should be able to finish it in a few hours if I keep at it.

What's to come:
~ Inuyasha story

Jimmy Olsen

I'd love to, but I'm really busy right now.  I'm training for a teaching job, and I'm already proofreading my friend's boring fantasy novel.

By the way, I thought of another song: "Blue Veils and Golden Sands" by Delia Derbyshire.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

OrpheumZero

Well then, if anyone thinks they could do proofreading, just say so.

What's to come:
~ Inuyasha story

OrpheumZero

Getting a bit late. But I should be able to finish the story by tomorrow. Just hope that someone can help do the proofread.

What's to come:
~ Inuyasha story

Jimmy Olsen

On second thought, I might consider proofreading it, depending on how long it is.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

OrpheumZero

Probably about 7-10 pages, at least when I'm done. Whatever you do may extend it, of course that would an improvement.  :P

What's to come:
~ Inuyasha story