Started by Duce, February 24, 2009, 12:33:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duce

Anyone remember it?

well I have gone and remade it,
go check out the new version 2 system,
now with a Flash UI!

OrpheumZero

That's cool, I loved the multi-path stories. I even saved one set, so I'll repost that in a little while. This ought to breath some life back into the site.
"Legends are much like tapestries; they erode and fade until truth and lies become indistinguishible." - Original quote.

What's to come:
~ One Piece adventure ("In planning")
~ Inuyasha story
~ Story with girl having to sit between boy's legs on toilet

OrpheumZero

Ok, the thing is really confusing!  ??? I mean, it says it posted the thing, but when I go back to the beginning and click on current paths it shows nothing. Then I reseted the page it finally showed, after I accidentally posted the first thing like four times :012:. Personally, I liked the original multi-path better, since it was easy to use for making a path, then connecting it to whichever one you wanted it to. This new one just seems too complicated and doesn't give much detail like how many words you have left and what not.

I think this might need a bit more work.
"Legends are much like tapestries; they erode and fade until truth and lies become indistinguishible." - Original quote.

What's to come:
~ Inuyasha story

Duce

OK I've done a bit more work on it,

I've change the post successful messages to be more simple, it also tell you what you new path number is.

I've for the time being have removed the minimal character limit (was at 1000)

also I replace the "v-Current Paths-v" separator with a more simple way.

FallenStar

Quote from: Duce on February 25, 2009, 03:30:42 AM

From both my experience with GameFAQs and IM RPs, I can state quite clearly that "CHARACTER LIMITS SUCK!"  :)

Nobody betta lay a finger on mah girl, Hotaru, or else!  xD

Duce

Quote from: FallenStar on February 25, 2009, 10:13:30 AM
Quote from: Duce on February 25, 2009, 03:30:42 AM

From both my experience with GameFAQs and IM RPs, I can state quite clearly that "CHARACTER LIMITS SUCK!"  :)

which is why I've removed it for now.

OrpheumZero

It certainly works a little better. I still liked the older version with the category names and then whatever brancing paths. But I'll probably get used to it eventually. My only other gripe is that you have to back out of the whole page (or open it again in a new tab) to make the new paths appear, since it doesn't seem to do anything if you just refresh the page or use the 'go back to previous path' option.

What's to come:
~ Inuyasha story

Duce

Quote from: OrpheumZero on February 26, 2009, 11:58:26 PM
It certainly works a little better. I still liked the older version with the category names and then whatever brancing paths. But I'll probably get used to it eventually. My only other gripe is that you have to back out of the whole page (or open it again in a new tab) to make the new paths appear, since it doesn't seem to do anything if you just refresh the page or use the 'go back to previous path' option.

actually with the character limit removed category paths can be made I'll edit the database to make it do to the current paths,
but as for the paths not showing up right away, I dunno why thats happening to you, they show just fine for me.

EDIT: I did more work on it, it now has a path menu window to the side, it lists all paths at once, and also it's move-able and resize-able, I'll probably edit it's appearance, later.

Duce

OK I've updated it again,

I edited the appearance of the path menu window
and I've made the listbox and path menu double click-able, so you no longer have to click the button to use them.

Jimmy Olsen

FallenStar: You mentioned an interest in Captain N before.  Would you be interested in a multi-path story based on the Zelda cartoon series?  I have something like that that I wrote on a whim, but I'd be embarrassed to post it if no one here is into the Zelda cartoon (or knows what it is).
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

FallenStar

The Zelda cartoon series "Zelda" was, indeed, the more attractive of the two "Zeldas" you see between both series.  I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "Multi-Path", though...  I would venture to guess it's like a Choose Your Own Adventure type story?

It's possible that I might read it, but to be quite honest, after the break up of the RP2Fic and my great disappointment over how Anime Lover and I diverged in terms of what we like in fanfiction, I haven't actually read much.  Not to mention this whole site seems to have a scat bias anyway and I'm all about the forced pee desperation, lol

Nobody betta lay a finger on mah girl, Hotaru, or else!  xD

Jimmy Olsen

Yes, a choose your own adventure.  Unless I'm misinterpreting something that's what the interactive story function is for.

And yes, it's pee desperation, with options for wetting and light domination.  However I might have gotten some things about the characters and premise wrong, since it's been 2 years since I watched the Zelda cartoon (and even then it wasn't exactly the most engrossing show).
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

Jimmy Olsen

I posted the Zelda one. 

In the spirit of drumming up interest in the interactive stories, I've written another one too (up to the 1st path divergence).  As you might have noticed by now, I'm not so good at writing poop or pee fics for existing characters.  So I wrote this one for a generic schoolgirl.  Does anybody want me to send this to them so they can plug in the name and details of their favorite schoolgirl character and then post it?  I figure it would be better for somebody to post this with a yummy anime/manga/video game character than for me to post it with another one of my lame original characters.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

Duce

I was able to get a hold of a backup of the old paths, so I fixed it up to work on the new version, so now they are back!!

OrpheumZero

Awesome! I'm glad to know that the old ones are back. Though I am still getting used to the set-up of the new system, it's not too bad. I just hope more people will use it soon, or at least some of the regular, since me and Jimmy have been the only ones to really use it as far as I have seen recently.

What's to come:
~ Inuyasha story