Nyou Fiction

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Status Report

Started by Jimmy Olsen, October 05, 2007, 04:47:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

livinginfinite

There also isn't a save point in there, so no sleeping bags. :P However, you'd need to go through the Narshe caves just to get Mog, and that's actually the exact save point I showed Jimmy when I proposed this idea.

FallenStar

There are two ways to go through those caves; the way you showed and another way through the path Locke went through.  Either way, you can get Mog far before you'd regain Celes, so unless you waited until the very last minute, you wouldn't have both girls in the party at the time.   :P

Then again, life is made up of the most interesting coincidences, so it's totally possible; it's just very rare.   ;D

Nobody betta lay a finger on mah girl, Hotaru, or else!  xD

livinginfinite

Well, you have to wait 'til the last minute to get Mog if you're playing an LLG, otherwise he screws up your party level average...so it's not that strange of a case.

Also, since we're on the topic of FF6, have you ever written a slave crown desperation fic about Terra? Seems like it'd be your kind of thing.

FallenStar

Quote from: livinginfinite on January 27, 2010, 08:34:38 PM
Well, you have to wait 'til the last minute to get Mog if you're playing an LLG, otherwise he screws up your party level average...so it's not that strange of a case.

LLGs are rare enough as it is. Of course, you'd have to leap off Gau many times and I don't personally know of that many people that would go through all that trouble except those guys on GameFAQs.   :P

QuoteAlso, since we're on the topic of FF6, have you ever written a slave crown desperation fic about Terra? Seems like it'd be your kind of thing.

Can't say I wasn't tempted, nor that I never actually wrote anything on Slave Crown Tina, but I've never done a desperation fic like that. I am not 100% I'd be up for that; I've actually hit something of a Writer's Block of late. Haven't typed up anything in ages.

Of course, when you end up hanging around people who are so vastly different than you are, you tend to lose interest easily.  lol

OrpheumZero

Here's a challenge for Fallen: Recently I was watching the start of the Baroque Work saga in One Piece, and saw the episode where Nami and the crew have the party in Whiskey Peak. Well, if you're familiar with that episode, you'll know that Nami drinks about 15 or so mugs in a contest. The Challenge, you ask? A sort of "Lost scene" where Nami deals with all that extra water weight while she's looting the town during Zoro's fight with the bounty hunters.
"Legends are much like tapestries; they erode and fade until truth and lies become indistinguishible." - Original quote.

What's to come:
~ One Piece adventure ("In planning")
~ Inuyasha story
~ Story with girl having to sit between boy's legs on toilet

FallenStar

Why do you always pick anime I've never seen, Orph?   :P

OrpheumZero

Quote from: FallenStar on January 28, 2010, 12:31:36 AM
Why do you always pick anime I've never seen, Orph?   :P

*Insert generic rage guy picture* FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

Oh darn. :P
"Legends are much like tapestries; they erode and fade until truth and lies become indistinguishible." - Original quote.

What's to come:
~ One Piece adventure ("In planning")
~ Inuyasha story
~ Story with girl having to sit between boy's legs on toilet

FallenStar

Honestly, you have a better chance of picking an anime I haven't seen than one I have seen. There's not much I've actually had a taste for.  Yu Yu Hakusho, DBZ, Sailor Moon, a bit of Outlaw Star...  those are the ones I mostly stick with.

livinginfinite

Orpheum: Hey, you can't override my request with a request of your own! :P

Star: I guess I know what you mean. I would definitely draw more stuff if I thought more people would care.

Jimmy Olsen

Star: If you're so smart why don't you write an FF6 fic.  ;)

Infinite: Sorry, but I don't think I'll be completing your request any time soon (I had actually forgotten who had made the request :-[ ).  I want to focus on my novel for the time being, and it seems I don't know enough about FF6 to write a very good fanfic.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

livinginfinite

Aw. :( Well, fair enough then. I think you had a pretty good feel for the characters regardless.

FallenStar

Quote from: Jimmy Olsen on January 28, 2010, 12:37:44 PM
Star: If you're so smart why don't you write an FF6 fic.  ;)

I have. It used to be up here, but some time ago, I got emo and suicided my account, including all my works. If I ever get the urge for more Celes pee, though, I might rework the fic and repost it.   :P

Also, Jimmy, don't take what I said about your fic's story to mean that you shouldn't write another one. You're a great writer and you knew enough that the fic was quite enjoyable as it is.  Moreover, if you need any information on the story, just ask me or anyone else 'round here who has played it. We'll be glad to help.   ;D

Jimmy Olsen

Quote from: Jimmy Olsen on October 16, 2009, 03:17:11 PM
Its current word count is 5,600, and I estimate the finished story will be around 12,000 words. 

Coincidentally, 5,600 words is the length of the new synopsis I just finished (finally).  I won't post it because I don't really want to spoil a story I may well write in the next couple months.  If you don't mind spoilers and want to read it, note me.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute

yarr

Quote from: Jimmy Olsen on January 31, 2010, 01:14:32 AMI won't post it because I don't really want to spoil a story I may well write in the next couple months.

Am I getting it right you're rewriting your lost epic? Very nice, good you got back into it. If not, I don't mind read the synopsis for it.

Jimmy Olsen

Quote from: yarr on February 04, 2010, 11:53:50 AM
Am I getting it right you're rewriting your lost epic?

That's the plan.
Latest Stories
Girls' Night
Morning Commute